Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#426498 06/14/08 12:10 AM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
I was not sure where to put this post so decided to come here.

Do you think the legendary Atlantis will ever be found? Where do you think it was located? Do you think it was a real place?

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
I think it was real and I think someone will find it some day off the coast of Easter Island.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I always thought it was Santorini in the Mediterranean.

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
This is where I throw out one of my insane theories and see who looks at me funny... grin

I have often wondered if either Atlantis or the Garden of Eden were possibly even on another planet - and that is the reason we cannot get to them here.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
OP Offline
You know - that is a theory to consider. What if the ancient writings about it were from people from another planet. Look at those designs in the deserts and around the world where they can only be viewed properly from the sky. Do you think it possible that they were put there for the purpose of guiding friends from outer space to safe places here on Earth? If Atlantis was real and it was totally destroyed as the legends say, then it was devastating and probably a lot more than Atlantis was destroyed. So, if a whole world/planet was on the brink of anihilation, then it would make sense to find another planet to escape to and this would be possible if the people of Atlantis were as advanced as the legends say.

I love your new picture, Michelle.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Angie
I always thought it was Santorini in the Mediterranean.

I have never heard of Santorini. I will have to check that out.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Actually, I was watching something on the history channel about Moses and the time of the Exile. They surmise that the reason that for the plagues and parting of the was a huge volcanic eruption that possibly was the one that caused the end of Atlantis. That was my take on it.

R
R
I like some of these theories. I don't think for one minute that the earth has the only integellient life in the universe. I wondered if you know anything about the Lemorians. Ramtha was supposedly a (mythological) 27,000.00 yr old spirual warrior. A lemorian who fought the Atlantians. That he was holding a compass for the Eyptians as they were building the pyramids and did not notice his girlfriend fall into the ditch of limitations????

THE ROSE
OP Offline
There is one site I found about the legend of the Lemurians. It is very interesting. I have read in almost all books about Atlantis that there was a strong connection with the Lemurians, a highly advanced and intelligent race.

Here is the site:

www.siskiyous.edu/shasta/fol/lem

"In the mid-19th Century paleontologists coined the term "Lemuria" to describe a hypothetical continent, bridging the Indian Ocean, which would have explained the migration of lemurs from Madagascar to India. Lemuria was a continent which submerged and was no longer to be seen."

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I'd read somewhere that Lemuria actually existed way before Atlantis, and that it was located somewhere in the Pacific, and that the Pacific Islanders are the descendants.

I've also heard that the Lemurians were advanced, but that they lived very close to the earth, whereas the Atlanteans were technologically advanced, but not necessarily spiritually advanced.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

OP Offline
I think the Lemurian culture was much older than Atlantis and were very advanced and intelligent. Atlanteans were, as you say, technologically advanced in that they had small flying machines and something similar to electricity for power. In one book I read, the air space over the city was littered with individual flyers. At night their city was lit up as if by electricity. This is not too far fetched, since archaeologists have found ancient lamps that lit up as if battery powered. The cell was still intact and the residue of some liquid, when studied and reconstructed, actually lit up the lamp like a battery-powered flashlight. These lamps were found in an ancient Egyptian tomb.

Last edited by Phyllis, BellaEd; 07/25/08 11:00 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I have seen the history channel or Nova where they discussed these "batteries." They say a lot of knowledge was lost when the library at Alexander was destroyed. If something were to happen to civilization today, we would lose a lot also. Mankind would probably take a huge step backward.

OP Offline
Like we did. That is why it is so important to protect the arts and culture and history. To lose the history, stories, craft techniques, would be so sad. To respect nature and leave it as you found it is just one way to protect what we have now. When people find petroglyphs and artifacts from the past, they should be left alone, not touched and let the experts examine them without removing them from where they are because they tell a story of the past.

No one has ever proved that Atlantis existed or that the people were highly evolved because there is no trace of it that we know of. I wonder if something were found, if it could actually be termed or proved to be Atlantis.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Amoeba
Amoeba
I wonder if the disapperance of the Island was due to volcanic eruptions? I think that is one theory.

Phyllis - Native American and Folklore Editor
Native American Site
Native American Forum

Folklore Website
Folklore Forum

Blessings and may your moccasins and heart always find a happy path.
OP Offline
I found a site that has some very interesting theories based on Plato's geographical descriptions of Atlantis. At this site, they have a criteria chart of the geographical location possibilities and Bolivia seems to get more points than anywhere else.

Check it out:

www.atlantisbolivia.org/atlantistheories.htm

Scroll down to the 2005 Milos Atlantis Conference In Greece and view the chart. Very interesting, indeed!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Originally Posted By: Phyllis, BellaEd
Like we did. That is why it is so important to protect the arts and culture and history. To lose the history, stories, craft techniques, would be so sad. To respect nature and leave it as you found it is just one way to protect what we have now. When people find petroglyphs and artifacts from the past, they should be left alone, not touched and let the experts examine them without removing them from where they are because they tell a story of the past.

No one has ever proved that Atlantis existed or that the people were highly evolved because there is no trace of it that we know of. I wonder if something were found, if it could actually be termed or proved to be Atlantis.

Like the girl scout motto - leave it better than you found it. We as earthlings have not been good stewards of our planet.

Amoeba
Amoeba
No - we have not, Angie. It would be good for the very distant future if folks found positive and beautiful things from our culture and found that we left Earth in better shape.

Native American Site
Native American Forum

Folklore Website
Folklore Forum

Amoeba
Amoeba
So - what does anyone think about the possibility of Bolivia being the site of the Lost City of Atlantis? It does seem fairly logical going by the geograpical descriptions.

Native American Site
Native American Forum

Folklore Website
Folklore Forum

OP Offline
Now here is an interesting article on the site of Atlantis being in Bolivia.

It seems there are many similarities and coincedences that tie together. You can read about Atlantis in Bolivia at the following link:

Atlantis Bolivia

Last edited by Phyllis, Native American; 06/09/10 01:12 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.