Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#394343 03/17/08 01:59 PM
S
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
S
Does anyone have an IPhone and is it worth the money?

I went to the Apple store and had a demonstration - it's very impressive. I travel and would like to have internet without taking a laptop.

How expensive is it a month for AT&T service?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I don't have one but I know a couple of people that do and they love them.

There are also other phones, such as Blackberry and the SmartPhone, that also let surf the Internet - though are not as slick looking as the iPhone. I know a lot of people who use them and it seems like either love them or hate them.

Not sure about AT&T but I used to have a data plan with Verizon and it was around $50 per month (on top of voice). That was over a year ago so I am not how it is priced now.

J
J
I think the main draws of the iPhone are the interface and the Safari web browser. You can get other phones with most of the same capabilities for half the price. However, the iPhone definitely has style and Apple technology going for it. So, I say if you can afford it, go for it. I wish I could.

I'm working on getting a loaner iPhone from Apple to try out for a review article. We'll see how that goes.

Jeremy Fore, Wireless & Cellular Editor
Wireless & Cellular Website
S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
My elder brother use it and i would also love to have the same one.But it costs really much.

Elephant
Elephant
the new ones at 199 and 299 aren't so bad. And there are rumors thatr they maybe even are going to subsidize the cost so you can get it for less.

Personally, I do not like the level of AT&T service where I live so the iPhone would be useless. Instead, as I have been researching, I will be purchasing a smartphone, the HTC PPC6800.

Last edited by Jase GLBT Editor; 06/12/08 02:19 AM.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
F
F
I have not any Iphone. I have cell phone and iPod both.

But i m waiting for when the price of iPhone will get down so that i could get one for myself.

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
What kind of phone/service do you have now? If your primary concern is the Internet than the Iphone may work. However, I find it lacking (compared to the Blackberry) for productivity. Its better suited for multimedia-movies, music and games. I prefer my Blackberry with the Qwerty keyboard, I can get alot more done.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My grandson has one, he loves it, I'm amazed by it he emails me from his phone, it does so much,he watches movies on it also.

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I adore my iPhone. It's not cheap. The cheapest plan plus the required data plan comes to around 70/mo plus tax. Then if you want the unlimited texting it's another $15 a month plus tax.

I could not afford my iphone plan from November until just two weeks ago. I was going crazy. I missed my iphone so much. You kind of get really attached to them. :-)

Now I am all about the free and low cost productivity apps you can get through the iphone. They are pretty much rocking my world.

So, yes, i think if you are out and about a lot, an iphone is well worth it, even with the evil AT&T. Or you can jailbreak it and use another plan.

I can even use mine tethered to my laptop for Internet connection. I have not done that yet since it requires jailbreaking, but I am thinking about it. it will be great for traveling.

My mom has a Blackberry and she seems to be meh about it.

But everyone I know with an iPhone seems to drink the Kool-Aid on it.

That's my take.

Zebra
Zebra
Love my iPhone. I went to get a Blackberry actually, but the iPhone was way cheaper & offered way more. I was already with AT&T, so that's wasn't a problem for me.

I use it way more than I've ever used any other phone. I can check my five email accounts from anywhere and I love the social media apps. These things help me run my business when I'm out of my office. I also like a lot of other apps and a few word games.

My costs are similar to Jilly's, except I have unlimited text for only $5 a month.

I think if you just want a phone, there are cheaper options that would work fine. If you want a mini computer, iPhone is "da bomb".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.