Next Thread
Print Thread
#425684 06/11/08 06:00 PM
L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
If you are 55 or OVER take our Working Seniors poll and see how you compare to other seniors in your lifestyle/work choices!

Working Seniors
multiple choice
male (0%, 0 Votes)
female (27%, 4 Votes)
work full time (0%, 0 Votes)
work part time (20%, 3 Votes)
volunteer full time (0%, 0 Votes)
volunteer part time (13%, 2 Votes)
work from home (27%, 4 Votes)
homemaker (male or female!) (13%, 2 Votes)
Total Votes: 15
Voting on this poll ends: 06/18/08 06:00 PM

Laura Strathman Hulka - Senior Issues Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I'm an artist/potter and recently turned 74.
I am self employed, selling my pots and paintings at art fairs and galleries in the Midwest, Florida and Cape Cod. It is so much fun that I hope to be able to continue for years to come.
However this year after 30 years of throwing clay on the wheel, it suddenly got tiresome! It was turning into a chore instead of a joy, and the painting was absorbing me more and more. Last winter I got a commission to make a funeral urn for a vet who was to be buried in Arlington. Somehow that semed to be the capstone to my career as a potter; it's been a wonderful 30 years and now I'm done with clay!
But I will still be showing paintings at art fairs all Summer and for whoever knows how much longer. Keeping fit and busy at things you enjoy is SO important to happy aging!

L
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
L
One of the many things I love about artists is their ability to continually reinvent themselves! Glad you posted - would love to see some of your work - do you have a website?

Laura Strathman Hulka - Senior Issues Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
J
Koala
Koala
J
I felt that way doing beadwork about 10 years ago. I created my beadwork for myself, taking classes, selling some of what I made. Then I got a job in a beadstore, stepped up my production and started selling at craft fairs, etc. It became too much work and I got really tired of beads.

Now I just create things for myself and don't even think of selling anything.

I guess my art now is my writing. I feel lucky to be able to earn money writing finally at this time in my life. It took me nearly into my 50's to really start writing and it's something I always wanted to do my entire life.

Moderated by  Pam - Senior Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 02:52 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.