Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
Ken Ham is an Australian who heads up the US-based organisation Answers in Genesis and promotes a literal interpretation of the Bible.

Ham claims "that it is the atheists - and in particular "secular scientists" - who are the dogmatic ones sticking stubbornly to their bogus theories."

Upon being told that radiometric dating methods applied to rocks from thousands of locations around the earth contradict the young earth idea and point to a 4.5bn-year-old planet he said "this can't be correct because it would contradict the Bible."

When asked about Richard Dawkins' assertion that labelling a child with a religion before they have had a chance to decide between different faiths or no faith at all amounts to child abuse, Ham claims that "Richard Dawkins is the one responsible for child abuse, because Richard Dawkins wants to train kids that there is no god, that there is no purpose and meaning in life and without this purpose, what's to stop them from killing their neighbour, having an abortion, becoming homosexual or taking drugs."

link to the article

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
He's another example of why some animals eat their young. Not to mention why his mother should have.

I know and respect many christians. It is this type that makes the 'good' ones look bad. Most true christians I know would look at this guy and laugh.

Gee, I guess he is saying god couldn't have created the world 4.5bn years ago. Just like they think god isn't smart enough to have created evolution in animals, plants, and maybe even *gasp* humans! The bible was written by man, translated many times...I am quite sure that they didn't remember billions of years of stories to pop in there.

Basically, by stating that scientists are wrong, these people are saying that god isn't powerful enough to have done 'it', whatever 'it' might be.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
S
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
S
The part I really like, is his sweet little story about how meat-eating was forbidden in Eden. Apparently Adam and Eve, the dinosaurs, tigers and all the other animals all lived together in vegetarian bliss. Oh all the animals still had their sharp teeth and claws, but they were used for other things in the garden!

Sounds like a fairy tale for a childs book written by a deluded pixie on mushrooms!

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Originally Posted By: Julie-Cleaning
Gee, I guess he is saying god couldn't have created the world 4.5bn years ago. Just like they think god isn't smart enough to have created evolution in animals, plants, and maybe even *gasp* humans! The bible was written by man, translated many times...I am quite sure that they didn't remember billions of years of stories to pop in there.

Basically, by stating that scientists are wrong, these people are saying that god isn't powerful enough to have done 'it', whatever 'it' might be.

Argument of the day. Well said.
Smart people of faith adapt to science. It took a few years for the church to acknowledge that Copernicus was right too. There will always be faith unfounded as it is, but those who hold it will become more rational or be laughed at.

Originally Posted By: Gaye

Once God is gone, we are then free to shoot for the stars and create our own meaning.

Love this quote. Lets remeber who said it. smile

E
Koala
Koala
E
I also feel quite strongly that it is not fair to tie a child's sense of self-worth to a religion that they may or may not still choose to believe in once they have grown older and made their own decisions. A child's brain isn't developed enough to understand religion - they truly do take it on faith. And if that faith gives them the message that they are worthless unless they fulfil certain criteria, then there is potential for an internal struggle to develop, which could lead to further difficulties in self-acceptance, rebellion, depression, etc.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.