Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#423388 06/03/08 11:21 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
OK guys, I have the perfect solution if you are feeling down about yourself - go have pictures made at Glamour Shots!

I just went there today. They did my makeup and hair and spent 1 1/2 hours doing a photo shoot on me. (The photographer said he did do a few extra because I brought such fun stuff with me - y'all know me and my hats!)

But working with him was such a kick!

I had done this befor when I lost all my hair, and that was great bakc then, too. But this time I felt like a model-we were joking, they had music going, it was just really cool.

So next week everyone will get to see what I look like WITH hair, LOL!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Working with professional photographers is incredible. Usually, I hate having my photo taken (everyone does, right?) but last month I got married, and the photographer was amazing. He made us both feel really comfortable and we spent an hour taking pictures and I didn't hate it.

And more importantly, I even like some of the portraits we ended up with! smile

Christine Blachford
Formula 1 Editor
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Michelle, ITA!

DH and I got pictures taken in early December just because. I like to think we gave the photographer a bit of a break from coaxing unhappy children to smile. She had us sprawling on the floor and laughing a lot.

TrishInNC #433210 07/06/08 03:05 AM
J
J
I am very uncomfortable around the camera but I know I am missing out on some great memories by avoiding the camera. I might try out a professional photographer to relax a little. Thanks, I have never thought of this before.

M
M
You look as good as you feel. I always felt bad when it came to taking pictures, and it showed. So now, I try to feel more beautiful, and the pictures come out great. My friends call me negative Mona, and my buddy robert is a great photographer, he told me "I cant change the way you feel about yourself, but can you at least convince yourself that you're beautiful when I take pictures of you? your face glows" Surprisingly, pictures don't bother me all that much anymore.

R
Parakeet
Parakeet
R
I think I need to muster up the self-esteem and get to Glamour Shots myself - never had it done.

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Shark
Shark
Hi Robin,

Go for it! It can be a lot of fun.

I had it done too many years ago (14 years), ouch! Now I look back at those pictures and wonder "was that me???!!!" It's time for another sets of Glamour Shots. wink

C.C. #460431 10/17/08 11:17 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I am hoping to get some glamour shots done to send to my fiancee as part of his christmas present.

As a "gorgeousness" boost, having a person fuss over you and only you is great! It's why I love going to a day spa occasionally - for that "star" treatment!

Megan McConnell
Megan M #460444 10/17/08 11:39 PM
Shark
Shark
That sounds like a nice Christmas gift! wink

It is definitely nice to feel like the star for a day... or just for few hours. Maybe we should do a glamour shot sharing (not a contest) before Christmas this year on BellaOnline. What do you all think?

C.C. #467511 11/11/08 01:29 PM
S
S
Good idea! I'm now 21 and had some proffessional photographs taken just after I had been travelling, before university! Everytime I'm having a bad hair day or feeling down I have a quick look at them and feel better! I defnitly think i have changed in the past 3 years in both appearance and personality but the photographs kind of symbolise my transition from teenager to adult! I felt really strange posing in front of the camera at first but I ended up having a brilliant time and the photos are really good! It's nice to think i can look back at them when i'm old and grey!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Nadine - Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.