Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Okay friends! Let's start up our book club chat on "The Woman's Field Guide to Exceptional Living" by Corrie Woods.

In Chapter one Corrie talks about Bold Living, and how we can't just think about it - but we have to move into it. We have to be willing to do something different, and even to look foolish.

So what steps are you willing to take? Can you remember a time when you made a bold move and it was really exciting???

I filled in for a minister at a local church recently. Well, come to find out, this church is actually looking for a new minister and they have asked me to interview for the position. At first thought, I was going to say no. I homeschool my children, and I've already got some speaking engagements booked and I just figured it would demand too much of my time. In a bold move I made the decision to at least do the interview. Who knows - maybe it could be something exciting - maybe it will be what I expected, either way, I've opened myself up for a new adventure.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Hi Deanna

WOW! That would be so cool!!!!! You are such a source of inspiration in so many ways, and to be in a leadership role with a congregation - that would be fantastic. Keep us posted!

I did something yesterday that scared the heck out of Jeff and I but we both knew it was right.

I pulled Emma out of daycare for various reasons, but mostly because I committed to being a stay-at-home Mom who would work during naps, evenings, etc.

I wasn't doing that though. For the past six months I had some great job opportunities and we needed some stable income until Jeff's side of the business picked up again. So, she went to daycare, first for a couple of days a week and then almost full-time. It broke my heart. And, then she started calling the other woman Mommy, I knew it was time for me to do something.

Jeff's business was incredibly slow the last few months and I was working 50-60 hours a week. He was doing work he didn't like. I was doing work I didn't necessarily want to do, but felt like I had to.

Long story short. We made the decision at 2pm yesterday. At 7:30 pm last night Jeff gets a call from someone we met in February asking if he would join her team as a contract facilitator. He has been wanting to work with this company for so long!

I get to be home with Emma and live my life the way I want, and now he is getting the opportunity to do what he wants.

So, yes, we are still a bit scared, but excited too!

C
C
Just a quick log in to say I am here!
I have the book and will commit to reading this morning.

I will check in later.

Cynthia

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Awesome!!! We have a group grin

Colleen, that was a bold move! Giving up a job is not easy LOL. And can be super scary! How wonderful that as soon as you let that go, Jeff's dream snapped into being!

Hi Cynthia! Good to see you here.

I took another bold move, myself. I like to do public speaking. But I don't ever put myself out there, I just wait for people to call me LOL. So, the other day I approached someone I knew would be looking for someone for a seminar and she said "SURE! Send me your outline."

Wow - amazing what happens when we just put it out there HA HA.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Oh cool! Congrats Deanna - and hi Cynthia!

I have to admit I finished the book!!!! I LOVE IT!
I am going back through it chapter by chapter to align with the book club. Thank you Deanna. This is the perfect book for me, for right now.

smile C

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.