Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
joanj - That would be an amazing accomplishment to get a book published so keep whittling away at it each few paragraphs (or chapters if you can) at a time. It's important for you to set aside time just for you to create (write) each day or week. Hang the word "write" above your computer if it will help. If you bring this dream to the front burner it just might take on a new life of its own. Before you know it you will be sending out book proposals to publishers. Since you've accomplished so many other creative dreams, you seemed destined to fulfill this one too. Best of luck to you!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Christine - I agree with Michelle in that doing volunteer work at a local Acting Theatre may satisfy your thirst to do some behind-the-scenes stage work. Is there any chance you might get the acting itch some day again?

C
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
C
Nooo, I don't think so. I never really enjoyed it that much at the time, so I don't want to go back on the stage.

But I like the atmosphere of being behind the scenes, so it's definitely something I'll put on my to-do list.

Christine Blachford
Formula 1 Editor
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
What's your unfulfilled passions in general? They don't have to be creative? They can be anything that you dream of doing.

I grew up by a small airport and use to watch the skydivers, so for the longest time my dream was to jump out of a plane, until I found out later that I was afraid of heights. But I'm not afraid of water, so I would love to go scuba diving in the Great Barrier Reef. That would be a dream come true!

I would like to take tango dance lessons.

I would also like to expand my art from the canvas to sculpture.

V
V
joanj - I'm wondering what might be in the way with this particular creative pursuit? Might it be tied in with a fear of some sort. I am a Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach and work with creative people who get stuck...
v.kramernathan@gmail.com

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
vickirina - You've really sparked my curiosity. What does a Kaizen-Muse Creativity Coach do exactly to help creative people get unstuck in the creative process? Sounds like the makings of a good article for the readers.

Deb,
I'd like to do beadwork and crochet AND not work at my "real" job!

LANA R. MIXON
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Lana - It doesn't sound like you're very happy at your "real job". I've been there. I hope you are using work breaks and lunch hours to at least do your crocheting. If your job makes you unhappy, I hope you can get out of it in the future. I know there's the reality of bills, but before my job effected my health, I was warned by a wise person that it would do just that if I didn't get out, but I didn't listen to him. To make a long story short, let's just say I'm living proof that a job can effect a person's health and well-being. I transformed myself and have fulfilled a lot of my creative passions in life since vacating my previous life. I know not everyone can "get out" but certainly there are always options to move into other avenues or different jobs/positions that might make you happier. If you can't get out totally, get creative in finding a new job or creative way to get through your day (which is an article I plan to write soon). Didn't mean to get long-winded on you, but your sentence deemed more attention than a little one-liner.

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 06/16/08 10:49 AM.
I suppose writing a novel would be an unfulfilled creative passion for me.

S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Would it be fiction or non-fiction? What kind of story? Do you have any ideas floating around in the back of your head at this time? That's awesome passion!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.