Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
I saw this article on Yahoo.News - very interesting!:

By Jonathan Wright
Wed May 28, 8:56 AM ET

CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian archaeologists have discovered what they say was the ancient headquarters of the Pharaonic army guarding the northeastern borders of Egypt for more than 1,500 years, the government said on Wednesday.

The fortress and adjoining town, which they identify with the ancient place name Tharu, lies in the Sinai peninsula about 3 km (2 miles) northeast of the modern town of Qantara, Egyptian archaeologist Mohamed Abdel Maksoud told Reuters.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
It's very interesting! I regret very much that almost nothing is left of that ancient world/culture.

OP Offline
It is sad that some ancient cultures have gone away. When Egyptian tombs have been opened the items found inside are just fascinating and beautiful! I love to watch the PBS documentairies on ancient cultures.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
I love it - as you can see (Clairvoyance - Ancient Egypt...). Have you ever been to Egypt? I haven't, but I'd like to. Maybe I should take a trip to Egypt when there are not too many tourists in the valley of the kings, the temples, the pyramids, the museums.

OP Offline
No, I have never been to Egypt and do not think I would care for the climate. I do like to watch documentaries and read about the history, though. The pyramids, Valley of the Kings, the ancient art and artifacts, their culture all fascinate me.

Archaeologists have found so much there. In one tomb, they found a device that is similar to a battery cell. It was intact and when water (or some type of liquid) was added to the cell, it lit up, just like a flashlight. The ancients were really quite intelligent to create something like that back then. They were also extremely good with numbers and calculations, but it is their art that interests me the most.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
I've read they were able to do operations even of the brain.

OP Offline
They knew so much about herbal healing also. Their method of embalming by packing the bodies in herbal mixtures preserved the bodies so well that archaeologists and scientists learn a lot by studying them and testing.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
B
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
B
Maybe I'll travel to Egypt next year, maybe in January (because of the temperatures...).

Egypt is a very fascinating and very progressive country. The ideal times to visit would be in between the months of November thru March. of course if you're interested in what to do/see in Egypt here's a page to learn more about this fascinating country

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by bluemoonclouds; 08/20/08 01:59 PM.

~Have a Blessed Day and enjoy all that is around you~
�Moon�
P
P
Hello Ladies, I have loved Egyptian art and archeology since I was a small child. My parents always had lots of books around and I found some books with pictures of modern and ancient Egypt. I was fascinated! I would sit quietly in a big chair and look at the pictures. I couldn't even read yet that's how young I was. In the early 1960's the Field Museum in Chicago had the first exhibit of King Tut's treasures. I bugged my parents until they took me to see them. Then in the late 1970's they brought a larger collection to Chicago again and my hubbie and I went to see it, once again because of my insistence. At first he thought I was just being kookie, but once we got in (the line was around the museum) he was just as fascinated as I was. We saw the death mask and many other artifacts. More recently my brother and I went to the Art Institute in Chicago and saw an exhibit on Akenaten and Nefertiti. They had a statue of the Pharoah that was about ten feet tall. Gorgeous!! I am really interested in all the new discoveries archae-ologists are making. I don't believe I will ever make the journey to Egypt itself because first - no money, second - I don't like to fly, third - It's just too hot. I can't take the heat any more. But if any of you ladies go I sure would like to hear about it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rachel - Middle East 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.