logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Well, the big news is this book: What Happened: Inside the Bush White House. Do you believe his allegations about the Bush Administration using propaganda to lead us into the War in Iraq? [video:youtubeBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by IndependentPartiesCynthia; 05/29/08 11:35 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Parakeet
Parakeet
I have to say that I do. I saw the interview with Meredith Viera this morning, and I believe he is sincere in wanting to share his experience and growth as a politician. He did not appear to be bitter, angry or "disgruntled" in the least. He was very articulate in describing his own naievte and the process of getting entwined in the one-upmanship games of white house politics, and how they have spiraled out of control. If anything he was very soft on Bush and the entire administration. He believes that they all meant well with their intentions but lost sight of the boundaries surrounding the truth and the need to be right. His only motive is to call attention to how things went wrong, so that the next president won't get caught up in a system so overwrought with loss of integrity.

Shay

OP Offline
Hi Shay,

I saw the interview as well, and I also agree with you. He didn't seem disgruntled. I applaud him for being forthright and trying to set things straight. It'll be interesting what will happen this election year for the Republicans, it doesn't look good for them. I don't foresee any real change if a Democrat was in the White House in my opinion. Both parties play the same game.

Last edited by IndependentPartiesCynthia; 05/29/08 12:09 PM.
C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
I absolutely believe Scott McClellan. He has nothing to gain (except selling his book) by pointing the finger at the Bush administration.

Best,
Candyce

Candyce H. Stapen
Adventure Living Website
Adventure Living Forum
Award-winning travel journalist
Follow her at familyitrips
www.gfvac.com
www.familyitrips.com

Parakeet
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: IndependentPartiesCynthia
I don't foresee any real change if a Democrat was in the White House in my opinion. Both parties play the same game.

And you could be right. Especially since things are such a huge mess right now amidst all of the escalated corruption. Even if a Dem got in and had a shred of sincerity about them, they wouldn't survive in such a toxic atmosphere without becoming blackened in it. Carter was able to in the seventies, I think, because the corruption back then was still in the mild stages, comparatively speaking. But, it at least sounds refreshing to get a different party in there. Whether it comes or not, we desperately need change!

Shay

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.