logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Gecko
Gecko
Derissa smirks. Randol is such an easy target to get flustered. This information sticks in her mind and, as she's about to offer assistance, Kam stands up and trudges over. Ah, yes. Sheer brute-force. Not Derissa's strong point--or favorite point, either.

With the goblin now sniveling at Randol's feet, Derissa pats him on the shoulder and smiles. "Go ahead and talk to him. Since Kam's softened him up for you, I'm sure he'll tell you everything you want to know..."

Her eyes flicked toward the tunnel. If there was a party guarding the tunnel...what was inside? Or on the other side...? "You deal with him. I'll scout ahead..."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Randol was flustered. "I think we could have done it without beating them up."

"Maybe, but it's too late now." Derissa said as she climbed over the rocks and headed down to where the other goblins were.

Randol looked down at the goblin who began to growl and show his teeth. Benedict then kicked him in the head and knocked him out cold.

"Great. That's just great. How am I supposed to question him now?"

"I don't know. That's not my problem." Benedict said as he climbed over the rocks and went down to where the women were.

Randol growled a bit himself. He found some vines and tied the goblin up and carried him over his shoulder like a pack. He then climbed over the rocks and joined the rest of the group at the entrance to the cave.

Derissa crafted a makeshift torch from a tree banch, wrapped a cloth around it and stuck it into the goblins' campfire. "All right, let's go see what is in here or where it leads to."

The group started in but Randol stopped them. "I sense some trouble just ahead. I just got a flash of everybody dying if we venture into this cave. Can we walk around it or do we have to go through?"

"Your a sorceror or something, Stranger. Don't you have some kind of spell to see what the danger is or to get us through safely?" Kam asked him.

"I don't know. Do you have one Derissa?" Randol replied with a coy smile. The rest of the group turned and looked at her.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Gecko
Gecko
Derissa blinked. She hadn't expected everyone to just...follow her. Really put a damper on her hunt for treasure...

Still. They were there and now she had to deal with Randol's yammering. "Nope," she spoke in stride as she shone examined the mouth of the cave for traps. "Why would I? You act like I use magic as a daily thing," she glanced over her shoulder, the hood falling back, revealing her black hair and cat-yellow eyes. "I'm just that good." She gave a wink and turned back to the cave. "If you'd let me scout, you'd know if there's danger ahead."

"Oh, really," Randol scoffed. "And how would we know that?"

"Simple," she turned to him, withdrawing a dagger from her belt. "If I don't come back, there's either treasure or trouble," she grinned, then spoke again. "Oh, and if you see me run past you...try to keep up."

Turning back to the entrance, she held the torch in her right hand and the dagger in her left. Not seeing any traps at the mouth of the cave, she smirked, turned to Randol and handed him the torch. "Kinda hard to hide with a torch. I'll be back."

Hiding in the shadows and moving silently, she crept further into the tunnel. She kept herself alert for any signs of danger. Do you have any spells... she scoffed her mind. She'd have to be a bit more careful when preparing them in the future...

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Derissa seems to melt into the darkness as she moves into the tunnel, leaving the others to either wait or follow in her wake.

[At this point, the others can continue into the tunnel, but won't immediately catch up with Derissa.]

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"Those yellow eyes." Randol thought to himself. "She can see in the dark, I'll bet."

"You guys can do what you want but I am not going in there until I know its safe and I wouldn't recommend you go either. I can turn myself into a willo'wisp and fly through the cave at great speeds but I would feel bad if I did that and then something happened to you."

"Ain't nothing going to happen to me. You do what you want." Kam responded gruffly.

"Nothing is going to happen to me either." Benedict said.

The goblin began to stir on Randol's back. "All right, now back off so I can question him and see what is going on."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The goblin clearly wasn't happy about its predicament, and it showed that by spitting and cursing in goblinese. When Kam made an off hand comment about twisting his head off to get him to shut up, though, he stopped cursing and looked up at Randol.

"You leader? You let me go, right?"

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I am not the leader but I would like to ask you some questions and then we can talk about letting you go.

"First of all, what is in the cave?"

"Danger." the goblin responded.

"Is there treasure in there?"

"I never saw any. It is said that there is but I never see it."

"I got a vision of us all dying in there. What was that about?"

"You got a vision? You sorceror?"

"Sort of. Now what about the vision?"

"Goblin magic. It just a protection thing."

"Why does the cave need protection if there is just danger in there and why was your band guarding it?"

"Cave is easy doorway to Goblin kingdom. Going through cave saves hours of going around mountain. Let me go now?"

"Not yet. I think you will go with us and tell us where the dangers are in the cave. Once we are safely through, I will let you go."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Amoeba
Amoeba
"Fashinating" benedict thought to himself. The prospect of learning more about this ...cave and what lay in it was all too great. Finnaly he would be in an adventure as it unfold, not just hear it from a third party.
"So what are we waiting for ? Lets go"

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
The goblin has a momentary struggle with his conscience. After all, shouldn't his loyalty to his tribe outweigh the physical dangers of resisting the invaders? Then he sees Kam nudge aside the head of one of his companions to make room for herself on the log, and shudders.

"Okay, I take, keep safe."

The goblin motions toward the tunnel entrance, and the group heads in. The daylight from the opening has faded by the time the goblin calls out.

"Stop! Trap here, look for rope along ground. Make big noise, alert other goblins."

Randol uses the torch to scan the ground ahead, and finds not a trip wire, as he'd expected, but the remains of one. Each end of the trip wire is tied neatly to a rock outcropping to maintain the tension on the line, but to allow passage through the tunnel.

The goblin looks puzzled. "That not right," he says.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
"What do you mean, that not right?"

"Alarm is not set. I set it myself two days ago. Someone been in here or still in here."

"Okay, so where do we go from here?" Randol asked, not sure what was going on. Did the goblin not set it or did Derissa disable it?

The goblin pointed to his right. "That way we go."

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.