Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
If you could change the world, where would you start?

If You Could Change the World

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
What a great article Deanna! If I could change the world, I would first start with myself as well. You can't very well expect the world to change or anyone in it for that matter, if you yourself are unwilling to change.

No one is perfect, so of course there are many aspects of myself that I would improve on. Imagine if everyone made those same small, mundane changes????

Brandi Magill is an aspiring writer, wife, and mother of two. She enjoys educating and empowering women to live a healthy lifestyle! To connect with Brandi visitBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
Wonderful article! I think having number one being to think and speak positively is terrific as we have to start with ourselves and what we are putting out into the world. Are we influencing the world for the better or are we influencing it for the worse? We each can make a choice in any given moment what type of energy we are putting out.

The great thing about it too is the more positive things you put out into the world, the more they come back to you and make YOU feel better about life.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I would like to see people go back to the way they were long ago when everyone cared and helped their family, friends, neighbors.

I found this in the Daily Om:

There are times when we may know of someone who is in great need and wants help, but we may feel at a loss about how best to help them. It is at such times that we can ask for help in surrounding them with support and protection, just like the pioneers once circled their wagons in the middle of unknown territory. Whether this means turning to an already established community such as a service organization or gathering support from diverse sources, a group of people can be brought together to help an individual or an entire community. It doesn�t always take money to help someone either--cooking, cleaning, driving, fund raising, or offering emotional support are all valuable and have the added benefit of the closeness of the human touch. In any case, the universe sends angels in the form of willing friends or strangers to gather their individual lights to surround those in need with the warmth of compassion.

Some people may have difficulty accepting or even recognizing aid when it appears in unexpected guises from unlikely sources. All we can do is to follow our inner guidance, give when we are moved to do so and shine our light to the best of our ability. As we join our energy with those in the circle, we become part of something that is larger and more powerful than the individuals within it.

When we act as part of a community of service like this, we are reminded that we are not only assisting an individual or select group in the moment, but we are serving the greater good. We are creating a better world, and can rest assured that help will be there for us as well. As we offer our own light to the collective glow to help someone through a time of darkness, all of our lights become brighter. We can live every day from this place of light, knowing the freedom from fear and worry that allows us to receive and share the protective and supportive light of life.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
W
Shark
Shark
W
Yes, excellent article with great ideas. The other posts on this thread are inspiring too! I also agree that starting with ourselves, even just one tiny step at a time, can make a big difference. Making one person's road easier today can start a chain reaction.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
The "think and speak positively" is such a simple statement, but is so much more powerful than the sum of its parts!

Just imagine, if none of us ever spoke a negative word about another person, then our children would never learn prejudice.

I watch little ones play together all the time, never noticing their differences, other than to say it as a describing technique. My 5 yr old says his teacher is "brown", because that is the color of her skin, not because he is insulting her. Just like he says the little girl that visit our house has orange hair (she's a bright redhead).

The most disturbing piece of tv I ever saw was a piece on "Jerry Springer" (back when he actually did soime worthwhile stuff, not just stage managed fistfights). It was about children in the KKK. He was asking a little boy about 5 or 6 (same age as my son) why he hated black people, and the little boy said because it was in the Bible, lalala. And that the Jews were inferior (because you know all 5 year olds come up with THAT word on their own).

Springer elaborated on this point and asked him about Jews, and the little boy said they should be killed. Springer said, "Do you want to kill me?", and the little boy of course looked shocked and said, "No sir!"
And Springer said, "But, I'm a Jew". And you could see the confusion on the little boy's face.

So, if a prejudiced word was never spoken against anyone, I believe we could wipe out bigotry and possibly even war within 1 or 2 generations.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yes that is SO true how people around us react to the way we are. Children especially use adults as guidelines and think their behavior is normal.

What else can they do? Assume that adults are acting wrongly?

I really think we have come a LONG way when you look at the thousands of years of ethnic strife our world has known. Yes, there is still progress to be made. But I think it's amazing how much things have changed even in the past 100 years. It's getting better every day smile

It's sort of hard, but I don't like the idea of "changing" the world, as in removing some elements or forcing other elements to change against their will. But in the spirit of what is being asked, I think it would be lovely if each of us made even a small effort towards helping others a bit more. If we were all just a little bit more helpful - even in non-monetary ways, I think the total ripple effect would be amazingly huge. We all have something we can donate to the cause - money, time, education, skills, caring. Every one of those can be equally important.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
W
Shark
Shark
W
Michelle-Your story of the little boy on the Jerry Springer show is a beautiful illustration. A great teaching example.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

Moderated by  Yvonnie-Inspired 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.