logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I crochet for my customers. I sell what I make. I make hats, scarves, wraps, shawls, ponchos, evening bags, baby sweaters and hats and booties.

I mainly crochet to relieve stress in other areas of my business, and to engage in creativity which is just SO important. Nothing is really so wonderful as a cup of hot swiss mocha and my crochet in my chair with one of my birds on my shoulder snoozing.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
P
I usually end up crocheting for family or friends. Seems I don't get alot done for myself

Penny E
East Tennessee
R
R
Hi! I crochet for mainly close friends and relatives, but am looking to crochet for others who may be in need!

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
I have just learned to crochet and am addicted. Here is a link to my first project: Doggie Nap Pad/Blanket .

However, when I had cancer last year I received several crocheted caps and they were wonderful. Several ladies in town make them and leave them in a basket at the oncologist's office and they are free to those going through chemo. These caps were so nice and warm and kept my head from being cold at night. I just thought I would pass this along for those of you looking for something to make and give-away. The caps will truly be appreciated by the recipient's!

J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
I like to "play" with crochet and do freeform mainly for myself when I am feeling inspired.But I do heaps for charity. I never make anything for family as they have no appreciation of the handmade. I have had offers to do things for others on order but I choose not to after a few really horrible experiences. Recently I was offered $100 to make a circle jacket for an elderly lady after she'd seen the one I made for myself.But I declined, I don't really want to make things for people who don't understand that even $100 isn't much, when you have to buy the yarn they want, from overseas, as you can't buy it here and that costs$100 on its own.Then all the hours you put into making what they want because you made the pattern yourself as well and of course they want it tailor made for them.I'd rather do it for charity.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I crochet for whoever will take it. lol! I never get anything very interesting done. I've done a few afghans, but I really like my Grandma's better.

Lisa Beth Voldeck
Houseplants
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
Thank you Rhonda for the tip about hats. There are some great hat patterns at HeadHuggers

For others who crochet for charity, there is an excellent list of charities at Lion Yarns, this can be searched by location.

I am just getting back in to crocheting and for now I am doing it for me, but I expect to make gifts for the upcoming holidays.

Candy

Special Occasions Candy Wrapz
Customized candy bar favors and bottle labels for any occasion
www.candywrapz.net
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Holly - Crochet Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:28 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.