logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Zebra
Zebra
Well, I would say I told you so, but geez! What if she'd had hot stuff in her hands, or whacked her head?

This is why chefs do not wear $300 blouses and Pucci shoes (was that the brand name she called?)

Have you ever felt or worn a chef's coat--they are coats! LOL--thick, heavy things, more like denim than oxford-cloth. So they can be washed constantly, but also, so they won't melt against your skin if/when you do splash hot grease on you.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
During the summer when I take kids to summer camp and back I see all the chefs in pasadena wearing those heavy white coats. I don't know how they can wear those.

There must be a reason why they all wear that style? Even Emerill wears that on hot days doing those morning shows.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Zebra
Zebra
It's partly that it's a tradition and a symbol of being a real "chef". If you go to culinary school, you have to wear them (and usually the silly hat, too!). Plus, it's typically hot in kitchens, so chefs are going to sweat no matter what they wear!

That being said, I have been a F&B manager and had chef coats but I usually wore mine as jackets since I am very hot-natured. But, I didn't go to chef school, so I never "had" to. I do like the short-sleeved ones Gordon Ramsey wears--that I could wear.

But, in general are made to fit properly, close to the body and with sleeves a bit shorter so they don't get in the food or the "fire". So, that's a safety aspect. Plus, they are white as a "cleanliness" symbol. And, at the end of the night, you can see how hard (or sloppily) you worked by how dirty your coat is.

B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Good episode last nite. I picked the winner for both challenges correctly. Those two are my favs.

AUTISM site
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I was sad to see Shane leave last nite and hoped it would have been Lisa instead. The two remaining guys did much better in front of camera. So who will be the next Food Network Star?

AUTISM site
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
Anyone else disappointed in the finale and the pick for the next food network star? I liked Adam better. I could not understand half the words that Aaron said, he was muffled and hard to decipher. Poor choice they made and actually Lisa was the best she had ever been, plus that challenge with her in black outfit climbing the big storage thing.

AUTISM site
C
Zebra
Zebra
C
I was also disappointed that Adam didn't win. He seemed more fun and lively than the others. I thought his show idea, I'm Always Hungry in Philadelphia was a good one.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
Elephant
Elephant
I would have prefered Lisa or Adam. I think Lisa more than Adam just because it didn't take her as long to perform as Adam. but then again I have a thing for a diva in stilletos

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Katy- RealityTV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.