Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Mindy - Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
roma I posted about the change in laws in ukraine. So this is a direct example of the effects. This little boy is Roma - he has Down Syndrome (and beautiful blue eyes!) He had a mother who had commited to adopt him, she had so much work done, she was just waiting to go and pick up her little boy. This law took Roma away from this potential family (a mom and three boys *2 others with down syndrome*). So now this little one faces the fate of a mental institution if a family can't be found soon. Several families are working to raise money for grants for him. Laws like this ruin families - poor Roma doesn't even realize it but he has now lost two mothers.

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
If she was just waiting to travel, was the adoption final? If so, does she not have any leverage at all? That is so heartbreaking!

M
Mindy - Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
no the adoption was not final the way Ukraine works - really its a blind referall program - you don't recieve an official referal until you have an SDA appointment. (when you travel) however Roma was featured on a site called reecesrainbow.com which tries to help special needs kids find a home. Amy (his mom) had commited to adopting him and was just waiting her date to come get him. He now faces a mental institution frown that picture is less than a month old and was given to her by another family traveling to meet their down sydrome angel - it was recieved a day before the law change frown

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
That is so tragic. :o(

M
Mindy - Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
It sure is - he is the picture that stuck in my heart - but there are countless others I could have included frown

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
That's so sad. Are they determined to make a child suffer?

M
Mindy - Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
M
I believe it is more about how they are perceived by the world, they don't want to appear unable to care for their children so they are trying to limit adoption all together. The thing is they CAN'T care for these kids and the pictures I've seen from the institutions that this little boy will end up in (if he doesn't find a family soon) are sickening. Children who are 14 are the size of 4 year olds and they are tied to beds or cribs frown the mortality rate is 80 percent in the first year. So little Roma's got a 20 percent at life if he isn't adopted!

Mindy, Adoption Editor
Adoption Site

Moderated by  Deanna - Adoption Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.