Next Thread
Print Thread
#408730 04/18/08 08:25 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just got back from an hour ride on my new road bike! The very first time it's been out. We went down a river rail trail, it was REALLY pretty. Mallards swimming alongside us, the sun was shining. It was just about perfect smile

It was a little scary at first, but I settled down into it after a while. I'm so used to mountain bikes that I'm not as happy being "up high" and wobbly smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
Great Lisa! Are you enjoying your new road bike so far? Yes, that first outing can be daunting indeed, but then you soon settle into riding on a different bike and enjoy those views without a second thought, ahh sounds lovely! grin

Kaye Barnett
Cycling Editor
W
Shark
Shark
W
We didn't ride today, but Saturday, on the Tour de Lopez in Washington. I only did 13 miles but we are now inspired to get in cycling shape. I love my mountain bike. Anyone riding to work tomorrow?

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

B
B
Hi WestCoastDenise!

Once I've finished restoring my new *old* bike I'll be doing lots on commuting yes! Really looking forward to getting it all finished, although not as keen to be riding alongside such busy traffic when I get going. Glad to hear you're getting back into cycling shape, (although up to 13 miles is quite something already, well done! grin ) Any more rides planned?

Kaye Barnett
Cycling Editor
W
Shark
Shark
W
I keep pushing off the commute thing for that very reason. Will start tomorrow maybe. People on bikes have gotten killed here recently. Portland is not bike friendly although it likes to think it is. Attitudes among autos and bikers alike cause lots of friction. Eugene, Oregon is very bike friendly, have lots of trails.

We are planning to bike 10-20 miles (we'll see about that) today on a route through some roads and a park my husband used to take. He's the biker. I'm used to jog alot so I don't have the biker legs. :-) But I'm motivated. Have to get serious about dropping some weight for a trip in June.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wow I didn't realize it'd been so long since that first ride. Today we got out again for the second time. I'd been on the trip to DC for about a week in the middle, but still!! We did a longer ride today on that same bike trail, it was *lovely*. We saw a snapping turtle in the road, plus four little turtles in the river next to us!

Last time I think we did about 8 miles, this time I think we did about 10 miles. Next time we're aiming for 12.

My boyfriend used to do serious long distance road riding but I am afraid of the road. So this is a weaning process for me smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.