logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
A study has found that the brain responds to winning a jackpot in Las Vegas the same way it does to being given a compliment. Either one triggers the same emotional/brain response.

Compliments always feel great! Sometmes, I think giving a compliment feels just as good as receiving one!

What do yo think about the brain compliment/money connection?

Last edited by Sharon SelfDevelop Ed; 04/25/08 10:02 AM.

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I think a nice sincere compliment touches the heart and the brain.

It's amazing how powerful the human brain is.

Most of the time I think I'd rather have a compliment.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Interesting findings aren't they? You can get the same emotional "high" from a compliment as winning a jackpot in Vegas.

The study also said when offered $5 or a compliment, all but two people took the compliment.

What do you think, as a society we don't appreciate and compliment one another often enough?

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I was pleased to read of that study. Quite a while ago I had resolved to compliment the people concerned whenever I saw something I liked. Now I feel all the more like Lady Bountiful, scattering as-good-as-cash right and left!

S
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
S
Kindness, compassion, compliments and other affirmations help children grow brains, too - building up synapses and bathing the brain tissue in more of what children need to develop and thrive.

I think they are collecting links at the Seeds of Compassion website to brain research that shows how these good things could raise up a generation that would change the world so much for the better - the Dalai Lama came to Seattle to help celebrate Seeds of Compassion events.

Thanks for posting this - you are a gem!

Pam W
SE of Seattle

Affirmations - Expressing Affection and Acceptance
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Pamela Wilson - Children with Special Needs Editor
Visit the Children with Special Needs Website
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
WOW! Thanks for sharing, Sharon. I believe that everyone needs a good compliment.

Your resolution to shower compliments is GREAT, Claybird, and I am going to try to remember that all the time, not just sometimes. wink

SunshineHappy, I agree with you that compliments DO touch the heart and brain, and your comment has made me think about this subject and I thank you for reminding us of that! smile

Sharon, I feel compliments are as good to GIVE as they are to receive, and we should all remember that. Interesting topic! We should have a movement like "pass it forward" or Oprah's "pay it forward" to help multiply the number of compliments we both give and get. wink

Trish

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I enjoy receiving a sincere compliment - I didn't receive many as a child.

With my business, my husband says that sometimes I'll work harder for a compliment than the money.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Sunshinehappy, I would like you to know that your Bella name has 2 very positive words in it and makes me smile when I read it and what you say. laugh You have a GREAT name!!

Trish

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.