Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
Is America forgetting about Iraq and Afghanistan? Some days, you'd think so with the lack of coverage by America's news media.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Jeff Valentine, Veterans Editor
Veterans Website
Veterans Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
You brought up a very good point, Jeff (and welcome to BellaOnline, BTW!)

Pretty much the only time we hear about the war now is when there is some major catastrophe like a helicopter crash killing more than 5 people at once.

One life doesn't count for much anymore.

America gets bored easily. And we've been in this war just too long to hold anyone's attention (please note the tone of sarcasm that I can't completely convey in print).

Also, this being an election year, and most of America being against the war right now, all of the politicians are trying to stay away from it, other than to say that their oponent is going to support it.

But a bit of bright light, our children know.

There are classroooms all across the country still writing penpal letters to soldiers, sending pictures, drawings, and goody bags. So once again, our children lead.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
J
Michelle-

A bright light always come in handy. I'm glad to know that these children, and the teachers, continue to support the troops.

When I was in the 'sandbox' I also received some of these letters, and had many a good laugh at what kids can come up with.

Thanks for the reminder!

Jeff Valentine, Veterans Editor
Veterans Website
Veterans Forum
We've got troops in combat zones all over the place, Iraq, Afghanistan, Kosovo (NATO/UN the serbian thing)... how easily people forget as long as their daily lives can continue uninterrupted... war only stays in the forefront if it's up close & personal it seems...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.