logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Gecko
Gecko
*YAAAWWWNNN*

Amarillo, Tx. But I've already posted about it.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Las Vegas! That's one place that is waaaayyy more enjoyable without kiddos along. There's just too many things I wanted to do there that were "grown up" and I would have been scrambling for a babysitter if i'd had my kids with me - so I didn't they vacationed with grandma, and hubby and I got some much needed alone time.

Blue Man Group show - it was at the Luxor when we were there, I think it's moved somewhere else, now though. We ate a a fabulous restaurant called "Red Square" with a vodka cellar and caviar bar instead of a wine cellar. And the House of Blues. Plus we stayed at the 4 Seasons, which was amazing.

Oh, I'm feeling a need to go again.....

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
E
Koala
Koala
E
That's one shot in my avatar: clambering over a glacial iceberg on the Tasman lake near Mount Cook - we toured almost the whole of New Zealand in a campervan in February. That ice I'm standing on is 500 years old.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Our last vacation was on a cruise to Hawaii, where he played golf quite a bit and I was feeling a bit flu-like so I ended up staying on the ship most of the time, doing email and such from my room. Still I did get out onto the Big Island for the day and walk in a lava tube! I loved that.

BellaOnline's gathering three years ago was in Vegas and we had a *blast* smile I really enjoyed that!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
D
Las Vegas is an excellent place to visit. They have some of the finest restaurants in the world there.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
And the breakfast buffets in Vegas set you up for the whole day - till dinner, of course!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Yea, but the prices are high, and the traffic is often a nightmare, even well beyond the strip. (My best friend lives in Vegas.)

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
True Myrabeth! We visited last year and were surprised to see how it had grown since we hadn't been there in 15 years. We hated it. The traffic, the noise, the expenses! Gone was thr shabby little town where yo could pay $15 for a room, a dinner buffet and a show. I really miss that.

I'd rather go to Sedona, AZ in October when all the kids are in school. Hubby and I had a lovely time there 2 years ago. October is perfect weather, but go mid-week because while the kids are in school, it's a popular time for adults and weekends in October can be very crowded.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
Koala
Koala
You know what? I think the best vacation I have ever been on was to Raton NM there is nothing there but a kmart and a few hotels and resturants. My husband and I spent the whole time in the hot tub and eatting out! there is this great place called the Oasis that had the best sofapias and a fried veggy simpler thing with chedder pepers and fried mushroom, zucinni and sqause with this dip that was wonderful! we went during the school year so there was no kids at all anywhere. And because there is very little there to attract people we had the place basicly to our self. we would go up into Trinida CO and go to the movies or shop and come back to the room and swim and play in the hot tub. it was great! I love the small towns that families dont like because they have good food at cheaper prices then the big big towns and cities. most hav walking trails and parks.and free places to go.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Originally Posted By: myrabeth
Yea, but the prices are high, and the traffic is often a nightmare, even well beyond the strip. (My best friend lives in Vegas.)

We found the trick is to fly into the airport, take a cab in to the hotel and then just take their subway line around to locations. Do a lot of walking too. You get in exercise, get to see everything, and no car hassles!

We did ALL sorts of things for free - it was great! The volume of free things to do in Vegas is just staggering. There are of course websites all about it! We did the entire gathering entertainment for free pretty much smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.