Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
Are Mother's Day Gifts Taxable? Children ask the strangest questions don't they?

Mother's Day is just around the corner. For a lighthearted look at one little girl's ideas on Mother's Day gift shopping take a second to read my latest article and stop here and share your thoughts about your Mother, Mother's Day Shopping and your thoughts on what makes a perfect Mother's Day Gift.

Are Mother's Day Gifts Taxable?
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by Kate Woods -Taxes; 04/26/08 09:04 PM.

Kate Woods

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Nice article to read, thank you!

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
And thank you for your nice comment!

I lost my Mother two years ago and when Mother's Day comes around now I find myself thinking about what I would give her for Mother's Day if I had the opportunity to give her a gift again now. Of course, being human we always see things more clearly in hind site; and being driven by everyday life we never have enough time to spend in the ways we really would like to spend it. But if my Mother were here now I would give her a watch for Mother's Day with a note on it that said, "I am giving you a gift of more of my quality time." And then I would spend more quality time with her. So if you're searching for what to buy your Mother this year or a special Mother-In-Law or your Grandmother or someone who is just like a Mother to You, please consider my gift idea with or without the watch. Give them quality time and you'll be glad you did! Stop by and share your thoughts on Mother's Day and Mother's Day gift ideas!

Kate Woods

K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
Mother's Day is right around the corner. Are Mother's Day Gifts Taxable? Read about it and tell me what you think?

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Kate Woods

K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
Don't forget you can give your Mother a gift from the heart that doesn't have to be something you buy. You can make her dinner, or bake her something she loves or write her a poem. One year I wrote a short story about my Mom called The Apron Lady and made it into a little booklet. I think she liked it better than any other gift I had ever given her. One year my daughter wrote a poem for me and put it in her card. She could have skipped the card and just given me the poem. I framed it and still read it often. Most Mom's appreciate a gift from the heart.

Kate Woods

E
Koala
Koala
E
That's a gorgeous story! What a cutie smile

Here in Aus the tax on items is included in the price on the label, so what you see is what you pay.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
Thanks for your very kind comment on my story.

I wish that the sales tax was applied that way in PA. Here some things are taxable for sales tax and some things aren't. Sometimes it's a guessing game. I suppose if someone eventually gets a fair tax on all sales it might be the same in all states but I don't see that happening any time soon. They've been talking about that as an option for as long as I've been working in the tax field which is 20 years.

Just a reminder to everyone reading - Mother's Day is this weekend. Don't forget to remember your Mom!

Kate Woods

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.