logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Owl Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
Seriously.. why have kids if you're gonna treat 'em like dirt? In both of these cases, the moms as well as the dads should be hauled off to jail.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Owl #411254 04/24/08 06:19 PM
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
That's disgusting and shameful. But this kind of thing happens way too often. My best friend when I was growing up was sexually abused by her grandfather and when she told her mom, her mom called her a liar. She said "well he didn't molest me and my sisters when we were growing up, why would he start with you"
I hated that woman. She was a B from hell.

Gecko
Gecko
I think the issue with the daughter is that she's done some things that aren't exactly credible. She lied about her father at one point, claiming that he'd impregnated her when he didn't. This makes it difficult to accuse her father of anything since she's already invalidated herself.

She says that she didn't remember the abuse until she was older, but I would think that she'd still have enough of a sense of wrong with her father to keep her son away from him. From the things that they were saying, it sortof seems like she just gave up and walked away from her responsibilities, at the cost of her son's well-being.

Also, whenever she was asked a question she would just cry and cry, and maybe she was legitimately upset, but I also wonder if she wasn't trying to avoid being questioned too hard.

It's one of those sad situations where none of the authority figures has it together enough to be able to tell the story straight, and I seriously doubt that any of them should have custody of that boy.

...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...the cake is a lie...
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
It truly disturbs me to hear these kind of things. My fiance works for child protective services, and he sees some very painful situations on a day-to-day basis.

People who harm their children or put them in harm's way, utterly disgust me. You don't have to be a parent to know that a parent's first duty is to protect their kids. And they say the CF are supposed to be cold, and selfish? I beg to differ.

Lady_T #411668 04/26/08 01:03 AM
Gecko
Gecko
This makes me really sick on so many levels. I just can not believe or even understand a woman or man that stays with someone and says nothing when they know that they have a problem. I always put my kids safety first. I agree that why have a child or even keep the child for that matter if you are not willing to "Parent", it's so sad.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
There was a second part to the show where the grandfather took a lie detector test. Before the test he said "BRING IT ON!" and said that he thought the test was very fair. When the test said he was lying about not sexually touching his daughter except for that one time (Oh I didn't mention that? He says "Oh yes, I molested her, but ONLY when she was a baby and NEVER again. Oh, and yeah I molested my brothers, and my sister but NEVER again! 'Cause I found JEESUS!"), lied about not sexually touching his grandson, THEN he's all "I'm in the 7% of malfunctions, that machine is wrong, and god knows it, and I summon Jesus here to prove I'm wrong!"

I sincerely hope that someone ganks that guy with a rusty shiv after the show. You could practically feel the mental ooze sliming off of him. ::shudders::

What kills me is his wife seemed baffled by his denials. "Why can't you remember doing it?" (at least she believed her daughter and not him) Dr. Phil pointed out "Did you ever think he might be LYING?" She says yes, kinda...The thing is, what is WRONG with you that you'd stay with a child molester? Would anyone here lack that much self-esteem, morals and will that they'd just drift along with one?

One thing that had me nearly screaming at the t.v. is that the grandfather kept proclaiming that he's not a child molester, because he doesn't do it anymore. That's like an alcoholic claiming because they haven't drunk they're not one anymore, or a gambler not gambling lately that they aren't. You're ALWAYS one of those things once you're in that category, you can only be "a reformed ____", but it's still there. That's why child molesters can't be near kids, and alcoholics taste any booze, they KNOW they lack any self control with it so they have to cut it off completely.

Owl Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
I understand the whole unconditional love thing that you feel for your spouse. I understand the fear that an older woman might have in divorcing her husband and having to make it on her own. I get that. But I could never, ever justify spending my life with someone who abuses kids (or anyone else for that matter), especially my own kid.

Owl #411798 04/26/08 06:35 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Oh yes, if I were in her situation I'd be broken hearted and shaken to my core, devastated in fact. AFTER I had finished cutting his nuts off.

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
I couldn't have said it better myself, GreyDrakkon!

Lady_T #412191 04/28/08 01:00 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I think it's hard to understand an abusive situation if you've never been in one. If you spend some time in the domestic violence forum - and the abuse survivors forum - you'll find that it is a long, very painful, very traumatic process to separate yourself from an abusive person. It's not easy at all.

One stat I found said that in the US alone, four women a day die at the hands of an abusive partner. Rarely is this the "first time" the guy got upset with her. Women are beaten every day. There are ALL sorts of reasons that they don't run off to "safety".

This is an incredibly important, serious issue in the US and in the world. If it upsets you, there are MANY things you can do to help. Post in the two forums mentioned and we will give you hundreds of ideas on how to make a positive difference in the world. Being upset with women who are trapped is rarely helpful - but if you use that same energy to take positive action, you can literally save lives.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.