logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Wouldn't you agree, healthy self-esteem is vital for appreciating ourselves and our talents?

What do you consciously do to enhance your self-esteem and the self-esteem of those around you?

Sometimes we all need to slow down and make time to "feel good" about ourselves.

I'll start - I say "thank you."
I think a sincere thank you enhances self-esteem in both the person saying thank you and the person receiving the thank you. Knowing you're appreciated is great for feeling good about yourself.

Here's one of the latest articles on our Self Development site - Baics of Self-Esteem

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I know self-esteem begins on the inside but I went and had my hair cut and colored today and I think my step has a little more bounce.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I keep educating myself. I read and listen to CD's about health, law of attraction, marketing, etc. I write articles about these things and network with others who have these interests.

I think constantly increasing my knowledge makes me feel good about myself.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Self-education is so valuable!

I believe the more we fill our mind and life with the positives, the better we feel about ourselves and our lives.

I catch myself being a perfectionist and start consciously working to stop trying to make everything perfect. Perfectionism is a no-win situation.

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I too listen to CD's of self-development materials. I try to listen at least 5 days a week.

Instead of TV, I listen or read something motivational or educational.

Amoeba
Amoeba
I accept compliments from people. I schedule in one hour of exercise every day and if I can't make it to the gym I exercise at home. I feed myself the best possible food 90% of the time. I do daily affirmations and read inspirational quotes by Wayne Dyer.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
This is a really good topic and it will make us think about our self esteem and what we can do and will do to improve it. I so agree with everything that I have read here, from exercise and compliments to continually educating ourselves. Many years ago I traveled throughout my state selling educational materials. To occupy my time while driving, I listened to inspirational and motivational tapes. Wayne Dyer and Dennis Waitley are among the best. Many of what I listened to back then has been internalized and now is part of my life, my actions and my self esteem.

Doggiemom, you said, "I know self-esteem begins on the inside but I went and had my hair cut and colored today and I think my step has a little more bounce." That is true for all of us. When we feel good about ourselves and the way we look, we have a much better outlook on life. I just had my hair cut and highlighted, and it gave me enough "bounce" and energy that I have begun watching my weight and exercising. All of that is enhancing my self esteem and I found I even talk quieter and with more clarity than I did a few weeks back. smile

Trish

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I went for a long walk today and listened to a motivational tape. I felt much better by the time I back got home. I exercised both mind and body.

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I did some gentle yoga.

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.