Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Understand that I am a horror film freak, and nothing really ever disturbs me, but this one actually gave me nightmares and I have trouble even watching it...
"Event Horizon" -funny that the original "Damien", Sam Neill was in this also!

"Exorcist" is right up there of course

and "The Believers" with Martin Sheen just for the spider-in-cheek scene- sick

Others: "Alien", "Psycho", "Magic", the original "Halloween"

WOW! I could keep going forever.... grin

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
Aliens part on was most thriller movie for me so far.

Gecko
Gecko
The last scary movie I watched was "Saw II." I won't watch another scary movie again. eek

Last edited by Angela P; 04/23/08 01:26 PM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
The Exorcist!!! YIKES!!!!

Simone de Beauvoir dismissed motherhood as, "...'a strange mixture of narcissism, altruism, idle daydreaming, sincerity, bad faith, devotion and cynicism."

F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
Has anyone seen Pumpkinhead with Lance Henriksen? That is my all time scarriest movie. It came out in 1988 so I was pretty young when I first watched it, but it still to this day gets me everytime. It's creepy. Especially that old witch in the mountains. Ahhhh!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
That is a scary one, Froggy!

I have to agree the Exorcist really tore me a new one--LOL

If you like the paranormal, The Green Man with Albert Finney is excellent!

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
'The Omen 2: Damian' Terrified me when I was a child into racking sobs, the scene where the guy gets chopped in half in the elevator. Still cant go in them to this day frown
'A Nightmare on Elm Street' was the worst though, I was so pettrified of Freddy - especially because the start of the original is SO intense with the death of Tina (all up the bedroom walls) I literally sat behind the sofa with my fingers in my ears and my eyes closed. Then I dreamt about him that night LOL - it's my fave horror now though.
A movie called 'Hard Cover' - has a different name in the USA, it terrified me and my Aunty so much we had to turn it off - I've never seen anything so disturbing before or since.
'The Exorsist' - When she did that Spider-walk - I was oughta there!
'Scream' - The opening sequence didn't so much scare me, as really upset and disturb me - poor Drew. What a performance though!

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Oh, and cos I'm also a horror fanatic LOL...
'Halloween' When Michaels stood out the back yard between the washing lines and Jamie Lee spots him - SO CREEPY!

The Grudge re-make - that aaaahhh sound LOL - and the awkward movements that they always create in Japanese movies (even though it was the USA version)

I think older horror movies are usually much scarier, they seem to have more power with them. I think its cos people spread the word about how scary a certain movie or character is and you discuss it as kids LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
Originally Posted By: Horror_Movies_Editor
I think older horror movies are usually much scarier, they seem to have more power with them. I think its cos people spread the word about how scary a certain movie or character is and you discuss it as kids LOL.

I think the older movies are so much moe frightening because they rely on the actual terror and suspense factor, whereas these days the gore and violence factor seems to be the only thing directors are interested in.

When they didn't have the special effects of today, directors and producers had to use the movie-goers imagination to bring about the sense of fear. Now they've gotten lazy and show us the monster in the first or second scene.

Think about the first Alien - how long it took before we actually saw the alien, all we kept seeing to begin with were a tail or claw or teeth - then when the thing finally reared up in the second half of the movie, we were already terrified of it!

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, I agree - in the original 'Nightmare' you hardly see Freddy and he's kept in the shadows the whole way through and has about three small lines - the fear of the unknown is far worse.
But even with the Original Friday the 13th (which showed a lot of gore) - it was still scary. That being said, the killer wasn't revealed until the end - so you didn't know who or what it was.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.