logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Hello smile I am new to the forum (nice to meet you all) and to owning a betta baby.. I received my wee fishy friend on Sunday, August 26, 2007 from my sister.. I have named him Jules and love the little guy to death.. What a personality!

Jules blows the happiest of bubbles, flits around his bowl and gets soooooo excited when he sees me! Can't tell you how happy the little guy has made me.. I especially love it when he yawns..

Jules is finicky in the dining department.. He doesn't like the betta pellets, doesn't like the freeze dried brine shrimp, semi likes the nutra fin betta flakes, but adores the freeze dried blood worms.. A betta can't live on those alone, can he? Jules lets me know if he doesn't like what I have fed him.. He will suck the food up, look at me and spit it back out again..

I also love the show he puts on for me when I put the tip of my finger into his water.. He'll puff himself up, approach like he's going to nip me, then backs off slowly to look at me through his bowl.. I just adore my little fishy friend Jules..

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Feeding him only freeze dried blood worms can constipate him.

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Although, spitting out the food may mean he just doesn't like it (then you can try another kind), it can mean that he's not feeling well - so check his water temperature and keep his water clean. Keep a fish journal and record in it what he eats and how much and what time of day.

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hi!

Did you name him after Jules Verne? Or maybe Julian Lennon (Jules)? Either one's a great person to name him after! I like the sea reference of Jules Verne. Anyway - cool name! : )

Too much dried food. Try some live worms or frozen food and some tasty betta fish food called "Ocean Nutrition" that comes in a betta fish shaped jar that you can keep as a decoration.

Yes, it could be dangerous for him to bite your finger accidentally while you are feeding him because he is so tiny and we are like giants to him, so you could inadvertently pull him out of the water and he could get hurt. It's better not to put any oils and bacteria and whatever medicines or spices, etc., etc., etc., (who knows what? Almost anything that's on your skin) into his water. I like to use a plastic spoon - you just have to watch your little tiny fishy closely so that: 1. He sees the food, 2. He actually eats the food, and 3. He doesn't bite the spoon and hurt himself that way!
Cheers! : )

Mary Brennecke Fish Site
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Moderated by  Mary_Betta_Fish 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.