Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Nickelodeon aired this as a prime-time special last night. With all the hype the special and the DVD were getting, I had assumed that it would be a "double-length" story. However, I was disappointed to see it was only a regular-length Wonder Pets story; to fill out the rest of the time, it was paired with "Three Wonder Pets and a Baby."

I admit that I had never had high expectations for this special, but I was more disappointed in it than I thought I would be. The writers worked in a LOT of Beatles references. While the references went over my 3-year-old's head, I ended up spending more time groaning at all the references than actually watching the story.

In "Three Wonder Pets and a Baby," I found it hard to believe that a baby pig would have been left overnight in the school (especially when it wasn't in some kind of a cage). While I liked the point the stoy was trying to make (doing a little bit at a time in order to get things done), I didn't like the execution of this story. I think the same point could have been made with a different storyline.

While I'm not a big fan of the Wonder Pets, I can at least find most of the stories to be somewhat enjoyable. These two stories, however, just don't fit into that category.

Lesley Aeschliman
Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
I just completed my article on this very show and epsiode, you can read it here:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Marci Ann Peterson
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
That's a very well-done article, Marci. smile

I have to agree about the teamwork song... that one definitely gets stuck in your head. My 3-year-old daughter loves to sing it. I even sang part of it once while at one of my son's Cub Scout pack meetings not too long ago (*embarrassed*). OK, I think only maybe one or two people at the pack meeting heard it, but still...

Lesley Aeschliman
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The phone, the phone is ringing....LOL

Yes, I thought it got too much hype too. I didn't get to really watch it but was surprised when I saw how short it was. I was thinking "movie" too.

My personal favorite is the Power Puff girls story line that spoofed a Beatles theme. I can't think of the name off the top of my head but it was hilarious.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

Moderated by  Chana- Children's TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.