Next Thread
Print Thread
#408389 04/17/08 11:54 PM
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
I had a friend tell me that she doesn't allow her kids to watch Scooby-doo, because it is too scary for them and has too many "adult themes". Her kids are about the same age as my girls who are 5 and 6, and my kids love the show and I have never had a problem with it.

There doesn't seem to be any "adult themes" that I have seen, and believe me I have heard every rumor and bad bash about it. And my girls enjoy the mysteries and don't find the creatures terrifying.

So what do you guys think? What's a good age to let your kids start watching Scooby-Doo? Do you like or dislike the show? And why?

Marci Ann Peterson
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
I don't think Scooby-Doo is too scary. If anything, it can be "too campy" at times. wink Also, I don't see the adult themes. Personally, I think the girls are the perfect age to be watching the show.

When it comes to Scooby-Doo, it depends on what era you're talking about. The original series from the late 1960's is pretty tolerable. Anything with Scrappy-Doo is, in my opinion, pretty bad (sorry, but I think Scrappy is rather annoying). I also can't stand A Pup Named Scooby-Doo (the writing on that show was just horrible). The most recent series, What's New, Scooby-Doo? is actually pretty decent.

Lesley Aeschliman
M
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
M
I agree completely about Scrappy, he annoys me as well!

Marci Ann Peterson
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
When I was young, my cousin and I would scream at some of the scenes if we were scared. (Our grandfather called it screeching). We also would go for night walks past the cemetary and then wonder why any movement would scare us.

Adult themes? Try 2 1/2 Men......this is a cartoon. BUT - to each his own....

The mystery angle is good and it lets children work things out. You felt great if you could solve who the monster/ghost really was before the Scooby gang did.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Scooby Doo is just the thing for kids, it shows them in the end that it isn't a ghost, but some loser community criminal. It probably teaches some valuable life lessons.

Now, Ed Edd and Eddy, that is another story. Teaching kids how to call each other names and do stupid things.

I guess it is all in how you look at it.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
B
Koala
Koala
B
I agree about Two and a half men. It is hard to explain it to my 13 year old son. I wish it was on at 10 pm instead of 9 pm.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
B
Koala
Koala
B
Actually According to Jim is not very family friendly and they have kids on the show. My son thinks it is funny, but lots of it goes over his head. He likes Scooby Doo though.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site

Moderated by  Chana- Children's TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.