Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#407501 04/15/08 11:35 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I've just posted a review of The Secret by Rhonda Byrne on the Self Developmet site. Here's the link: The Secret - A Review

I'd like to begin discussing the eight "secrets" one week at a time.

How about if we begin this week with general over all impressions of the book/CD/DVD? Please tell us too how The Secret has changed your life or had an impact on your life.

By sharing our stories and insights together, we can empower one another to even greater happiness and success.

Thank you for participating!

~Sharon smile

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
Koala
B
Sounds interesting, but I did not see any link to the book to see what it looks like, etc. in the article. I think adding that would be helpful to readers.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Bonnie -

I'm in training on the Self Development site and I can't place links in my articles yet. frown

Amazon.com maybe able to answer your questions about The Secret.

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels
Zebra
Zebra
For me, the secret was a compilation of things I've known for ages. I think I heard my first speech on Positive Mental Attitude in seventh or eighth grade. It had such an impact on me that I still remember it! In college, I discovered the writings of Dr. Norman Vincent Peale.

And, in the intervening years, I have read been exposed to many self-help experts. I have some favorites that were in The Secret, and some that were not.

I have The Secret book and I also have the audiobook. I don't think there is anything new here at all--but it is presented in an interesting manner and it is short and to the point.

And, I have to say "the secret" is not so secret. Its successful implementation might be, though!

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
No I have not, but it sounds really good. Trouble is I have read many 'psycologising' book and an a little tired of 'formulas' so may be this one is refreshing?

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
By the way Sharon, your Article was great. I really enjoyed reading, and it did make me want to read the book!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

D
D
Another great book is Boot Camp for the Broken Hearted -how to survive and be happy in the jungle of love... it icludes a lot of the same ideas as The Secret but is tailored more towards women in general and in relationships with men --

Gecko
Gecko
Yes, I do have a dual personality - I'm the editor on Abundance and Wealth and here too.

I had lunch with a friend a couple of hours ago and I asked her why did she think The Secret was so wildly popular. You know what she said? It gives us hope.

WOW! She's right. It gives us hope.

If you haven't read the book, it's time. You can get it at the library, used book store or Amazon.com. It's great to listen to on CD too. I saw it still displayed right up front at Barnes and Noble today - it's still that popular.

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I think THE SECRET is writing a book full of double talk, getting a group of double talkers together to sell the book and split the profits.

I don't need someone to take my money to give me hope. In fact its things like this that make me dispair for humanity.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Lisa, thank you for your opinion.

Many people are looking for hope or whatever you want to call it. Some pearl of wisdom that "clicks" that will help them go forward in positive ways.

The Secret is about getting you to think about how you're living life.

Can we ever have too much hope?

Sharon Michaels
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.