Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
E
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
E
My cat is called Precious because that is exactly what she is! smile

We did think of calling her Mercedes but I could not envision calling out MERC! MERC! at the top of my voice at night!

Anyone else?

Last edited by Eng Culture Nicola Jane; 04/12/08 04:07 PM.

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
Koala
B
Junior is the name of our cat. He is a tuxedo cat and looks like a combination of his Dad and Mom. The Dad was Stevie, and Mom is Sheera. The new five siblings are Oreo, Moon, Tabby, Star and Midnight. The sibling to Junior is Tommie Girl

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Bumpkin;

Rosie L
Parakeet
Parakeet
We have Itty-Bitty-Kitty, Baby Grey, Maukey(a Tux),Jimmy G,
Friendly, Mr Tom & Lilly Black (the most extraordinarily
beautiful of them all)..she's coal black with a white star on her
chest..!! Oh, I forgot Tortey!! PS.. and we have new kittens
coming any day now..(Whew..)!! They got their names because each has a different personality..so they kind of named themselves..lol!!
wink

Last edited by shootingstar123; 04/12/08 05:38 PM.

shootingstar123

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you.
Tiger
Tiger
My cat's name is Suzie. She told me that was her name when we met. Yes, I'm totally serious. I walked up to her at the pet store (just looking) and she was the only cat awake. She walked up to the window to check me out and instantly the name Suzie was telakaneased (sp?) into my head. smile

I had the shop lady put her on hold and went home to convince my husband I had to have her. We had only been married 2 months and I had brought my 16 year old cat into the marriage. We actually had a pretty big fight about it because he didn't think it was a good time to get another pet and he didn't think my reasons for wanting one were valid (I don't remember what they were).

I then had a crying fit and he "washed his hands from the decision". I dragged him back to the pet store, paid the lady $10 and said I'd pick her up the next day.

She was a farm kitty so I wanted to take her to the vet before bringing her home to the other cat. When I brought her home I bathed her in the bathroom sink (and survived) and she was all soft and fluffy afterwards.

It was a tough couple of weeks. She wasn't eating and turned out to have a tape worm (DISGUSTING). I never regretted my decision and can not imagine not having her. I think she helped a lot when the older cat had to be put down (18). I don't think I would have gotten another cat had I not got her when I did. He was by baby she's my princess. smile

A long reply for a short question. His name was Poohbear... that's another story.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Wow, that sounds like a lot of cat trauma!! It sounds like a good thing that you held firm to your desire smile

My older cat is named Hamlet. My younger one is named Juliet because Ophelia was a bit too depressing for a cat (although I suppose Juliet isn't much better wink )

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Elephant
Elephant
my cats are named:

Isabel Rachel (as in rachel welsh)
Azrael Marie
Samson James
Madeline Esmerelda (Maddie)

Since the cats are both mine and my roomies, we both chose names for our cats. That way they have a first and last name.

Other cats names we have had: Cleopatra Nile, Piper Anne, Jasper the friendly ghost, Pip Squeek, Maisie Lyn, Tinkerbell (Tinker Butt, Tinker [censored]), Smudge McKensie, Maximus Andreas (Maxxie), Squeek, Ruby... and we had all these in the last 8 years. They were all rescues/hospice cats except Cleo, Max and Piper.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I don't have any cats right now but out of my past kitties my two favorite names:

Gizmo - because he reminded me of Gizmo from the movie Gremlins

Whiz Bang - as a kitten he would run around and would not be able to stop, so he was always slamming into things!

We had a great big, orange cat named Angus - my father named him after my step-mother refused to use the name for my brother.

N
Parakeet
Parakeet
N
Our cat, Phoebe, was originally owned by my sister. When my sister married a guy who was allergic to cats, she brought the cat over to my parents' house and, well, left her there. Basically abandoned her. So Phoebe is now the family cat, but the name came from my sister, and I don't know how it was chosen.

Baby Name Blogger & Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
The adorable fuzzball you see on the left is known primarily as "Beastie." When she was a small, starving stray kitten hanging out on the porch, talking about "feeding The Beast" was ironically funny. She grew up, and the irony in the name is completely gone. She's big enough now to deserve being called "The Beast" or "Beastie."

But her vet records show her name as "Lucy." We had some trouble deciding on a name when we finally decided to keep her. (Why it never occurred to us to use her already established nickname is beyond me.) Eventually, I gave up trying to think of something suitable. My fiance was petting and talking to her one afternoon, just a couple of days before we were scheduled to take her to the vet for the first time (so down to the wire on the decision) and just said "Lucy. I think her name is Lucy." So we kept it. She is called "Lucy" or "Lucy Cat" around the house sometimes, but mostly, she's just "Beastie."

(She has other nicknames, the most commonly used of which is "Kitten Face." Can you see the reason for that one?)

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
C
C
I have two female Cornish Rex cats, Millie and Sailor.

Millie is short for Millicent; it's the only name DH and I could agree on at the time.
Sailor got her name from a line in a song that we both like.

They both go by various nicknames depending on our moods/their antics.
Millie: Mookers, Moo-bunny, Princess-prissy-paws, etc.
Sailor: Psycho-bunny, baby, the cuteness machine, Sassy, Sass-monkey

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
We have 3 cats

Shadow - originally named because she is part siamese, part tabby - and the stripes are just bare shadings - shadows. But then her personality really fits, too. She's terribly shy, will not come out at all if non-family member are in the house, and only lets hubby, myself, and just recently my 16 yr old pet her. She's starting to warm up to 10 yr old daughter, because she's very patient and loving - but tuns in terror if the 5 yr old even appears at the doorway. She's our oldest, but meekest.

Mischief She's the middle cat in age, the smallest in size - yet the queen of the household. She is incurably curious, and is always sneaking into things. Especially if we leave any food on the countertop. The funny thing is - she "announces" her bad intentions with this horrible "mrowing" noise - so we always know when she is about to get into something.

Trouble Youngest cat, but the biggest (weighs almost 16 lbs - she's huge!) She's also the only one with all of her claws, but is completely cowed by Mischief who is half her size. When she was a kitten, and we first brought her home from the shelter, she loved to hide under the couch or bed and jump out and attack our feet. Now she sets up home at night on MY bed and pitches a fit if I try to move her when I go to bed.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I have two cats - Tenzin and Mei-Ying - both Siamese and both hilarious. We always say that we get at least one good laugh every day because of something they've done!

Tenzin is named after the Dalai Lama (apparently "Tenzin" is a very common name in Tibet) and Mei-Ying means 'lovely/dainty' and she is certainly both of those things.

The funniest thing that Tenzin has done lately was to put his head in the opening of an empty Kleenex box and parade around the house like a Hammerhead Cat till he was released.

He is just too much. They have severe cat-titude ... :>

Sue Moore,Blues and Jazz Editor.

Blues and Jazz Website
Blues and Jazz Forum
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
My 2 are both longhaired and are littermates; Smokey, the dilute tortie (All right, every third cat is named Smokey, I know, I know, but when I first saw her she was 4 weeks old and looked like a little puff of grey smoke) and Oliver, the black male. He was named for Oliver Twist because he was the smallest in the litter and totally intimidated by his siblings. He seemed like a little orphan kitty.
They are both 7 now, Smokey has been my buddy from the first but Oliver took years to learn to trust after having been beaten up so much by his brother during his first weeks of life. I learned a lot about how to treat him from Temple Grandin's book on animal behavior. It took several years of gentle loving care but he finally learned to cuddle up, purr and let me brush him without going into orbit.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
My aunt's cat is named Todd. My cousin's youngest daughter named him after a fox in a Disney movie.

C
Shark
Shark
C
My cat is a tuxedo kitty and I rescued him from the street. He was small, hungry, and weak when I found him. I nursed him back to health and gave him a loving home. He is now 2 years old (I mistakenly said he was three years on another thread - temporary insanity I guess!? ha ha) happy, healthy, and totally spoiled! Since he was rescued and given a loving home, I gave him the name Lucky -- As in...he was "Lucky" I found him :-)

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
Gecko
Gecko
My fuzzbutt is Mr. Mojo, aka Lil' Butt, aka Brat. wink A co-worker of my guy had two cats and spayed/neutered them after one litter that consisted of Mr. Mojo and his brother, both of them look just like their mom (black and white). The place wasn't that nice, I don't think I'm bragging when I say that he has a much better home than he probably would have gotten if he went with someone else. Poor guy was flea-infested, had worms, and was sooooo tiny. (baby video!)
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

W
Shark
Shark
W
Scampurr is our female tabby.
ChaseSir is our grey boy.
Cause she scamps everywhere and he chases her or the other way around.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

Shark
Shark
We have 4 cats:
Nikki Grace - whose original name was Dominique because my husband thought she would wind up dominating the rest of the pets (she didn't). I told him that was way too much name for such a little kitten. Her middle hame came because she is such a klutz. All our girl animals have middle names, but the boys don't. We haven't figured out why yet.
Next in the cat department is Blizzard - who got his name because of being white and I pretty much knew what the furniture would look like when he started to shed...and I was right.
Then there is Sophie Marie - she and her littermate brother Harvey were adopted together, but Harvey died after only two years in our home of liver failure that came out of nowhere. Sophie has never been the same since her buddy died.
Last, but not least, is Sonny - who we thought would add some sunshine to our depressed home, but has turned out to be a kleptomaniac! He is a Turkish Angora mix that's tail is always in full bushy mode!

There are also two dogs who share our home. I honestly don't know how anyone lives in a home without pets. How boring their life must be!

Kathi
F
Amoeba
Amoeba
F
We have two cats. The first one is Pico de Gato. My mom actually came up with the name. We now just call him Pico or P. He's a gray and white domestic short hair with green eyes. Our other cat is named Zaphod Beeblebrox, as in the president of the universe from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. We named him that because he's got two heads. Not literally of course, but he has a split personality. One minute he's the sweetest, softest love bug and the next, he's a holy terror, running around, biting, scratching. He's a Bombay so you can imagine the strong personality. We usually just call him Z.

Last edited by Froggy_Moo; 04/14/08 04:25 PM.
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Salem is an almost all black cat, he has a white patch on his belly and a few whisps under his arms. I have had a black cat since I was 14 and loved them all my life. The joke among my friends is that I am a witch so it seemed to make sense to name this black cat Salem.

My daughter named Rufus after Kimposible, a Disney cartoon. It fits him, he is fat and unflappable.

Tumnus is a white cat, long hair, pretty blue eyes. He can jump so high its like he is flying. It reminds me of how a fawn frolicks, so we named him after the fawn in The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe.

I have also adopted two cats that belonged to the Mother of a friend that I went to grade school with. Her Mother died of cancer in November. She rescued cats and at the time of her death, she had 9 of them. I now have Willow who is a grey tuxedo cat and Lacey who is a black tuxedo with long hair, both female. They arrived yesterday and have yet to settle in.

I thought about changing their names but for their original owner, I think they should stay the way they are. I love animals and it hurts my heart to see them upset but I know in time they will calm down.
They are rolly polly but smaller in bone structure then my boys so I am SO looking forward to when they feel more at ease. I have also been calling them my Boston kitties because thats where they came from. One of the sons of the woman who passed away brought them to me. My Boston girls have now retired in Florida.

Zebra
Zebra
Black cat: Neo (My husband named him for the lead character in The Matrix. He wanted to name him Orpheus, but I protested too loudly!)

Orange tabby: Stewart (Again, my husband picked this name but it's brilliant. He chose this name because of Stewart's orange soda!)

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I love names from the Matrix, I had thought about that as well.

S
Shark
Shark
S
Missy... a 10yr old silver chinchilla
Mookie...12yr old blue persian
Pagan...10yr old black persian
Merlin...13yr old black persian

Had them all since they were tiny. Their names just seemed to pop into my head when I looked at them!
Their names all suit them. Missy is a very snooty cat and figures that she is the only one with the right to sleep on my bed!
Mookie is very cuddly.
Pagan is very aloof and prefers to keep to herself.
Merlin is the cat that sits on the back of the sofa or chair and looks over my shoulder when I am reading or sewing!

Sikpiksie

A religious war is like two children fighting over who has the strongest imaginary friend!
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Twilight, she is our Himalayan. she is creme and black sort of like the twilight sort of dawn as night leave. She is our inside cat. We had her mom and dad, they are gone now but she is still here. She will be 21 in August. born august 1987.

Trouble: our white beautiful cat we got from a farm when she was a kitten. Little fireball. Kids call her Snowflake, but I stick with Trouble. It fits her as she gets into trouble. Loves eating the wild rodent in field behind us and leaving us the discards at the door. Got her in 1997.

Babycat, which the kids called TigerLilly *dont ask me why* is my cat. Someone left her as a kitten on my door step on my birthday about 1995-96. I love her to death. She was my baby thus her name.

It is so sweet to see Babycat and Trouble snuggle up together in the house we made them on the carport. You can tell they love each other. Of course, Twilight won't have anything to do with anyone, She stays to herself. I dont' think we have much more time with her as she is slowing down.

Ebook: Getting Started in Genealogy

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My cat was named Belkar, after the character on Hill Street Blues. Unlike the show he lived to nearly 21 years of age.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
My cat was named Belkar, after the character on Hill Street Blues. Unlike the show he lived to nearly 21 years of age.

per aspera ad astra: Through rough ways to the stars...

Shark
Shark
Wraith is my kitty. She was found in the basement of a store and was so thin she was like a wraith. The name stuck.

Julie Fletcher
Cleaning Editor
J
Koala
Koala
J
My cats names aren't very imaginative. The kids named them all. One tho, a 12 year old tabby cat, they named Tatem after some movie character, I think. Anyway, now the kids are grown and Tatem was always "Tater" to me. He doesn't seem to mind the undignified name.

The other two are just Tommy and Max.

I used to have 2 cats I adopted from a poor lady who was losing her home. She had a brother and sister, 7 years old, who were Sampson and Delila. They became Sammy and DeeDee. They lived to be about 16 years old.

LML Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
We have 4 kitties (which some days I think is too many).
Jared is 12 yrs
Carmel is about 6 yrs
Mikey is 2.5 yrs (he's my picture over there)
Pixel is 2 yrs

L
Shark
Shark
L
Magick is my 11 yr old black Norwegian Forest Cat and the first gift my husband ever got me; Merlin is my 7 year old white short haired odd-eye (left eye is sky blue and right eye is celery green with an aqua center) who showed up with his stray Momma cat the day we moved into a new house and kept coming back until we moved a year later and decided to stay with us; Mystick Grace is my little gray Egyptian Mau mix we got from the pound to keep Mage company 7 years ago (and like another poster above^ her middle name is because she had no grace and kept falling off the kitty tree when we first got her); and the Alien Interloper who showed up on the doorstep pregnant 2 years ago (we guess she is about 3)is Medea--she looks like a Bombay who swallowed a football(after the kittens we got her fixed and she got fat). They are joined by an 11 year old Akita -who owns them all and is owned by them -named (Tsunami) Samantha or Samma for short. They are all proudly in the Mean Kitty Gallery at www.meankitty.com , even Merlin (MY Merlin is pictured under one of his siblings--he does not have a separate listing, there is another Merlin there I believe) who is not mean but is a Master Kakker. You can look them up by name and see the pics. (Also Jody Wallace is Mean Kitty's Typing Slave and she is a PUBLISHED paranormal romance writer and her blog and My Space page may be of some interest to many people on these boards too! Check out Mean Kitty dot com^ and follow her links to the blog etc...she is a cool person! She calls us "The House of M")

Last edited by RavynG; 05/10/08 05:01 PM.

Se non potete resistere al calore, allora esca dalla MIA cucina.
LadyLvsNyt
L
Shark
Shark
L
Originally Posted By: Eng Culture Nicola Jane
We did think of calling her Mercedes but I could not envision calling out MERC! MERC! at the top of my voice at night!

well you could have called out MERCY MERCY! but then your neighbors would think you were either being murdered or having alot of fun--wink wink.

LadyLvsNyt
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Plieades smile

Because later in the evening, whenever I would feel homesick - I'd look to the starz. When I focussed specifically on the 7 sisters constellation (the plieadian constellation), out of nowhere she would always show up w/in a few minutes - never w/the Big Dipper, Orians Belt, etc. Kind of cool.

Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Shark
Shark
What a shock to see the picture of your Mikey - he is the identical twin to our Nikki, who crossed The Rainbow Bridge on Monday (May 12th).

Kathi
Amoeba
Amoeba
Our evil black cat is named Luna.

M
M
Our black kitten is named Lilith, and her nicknames are Lil, Lily, Lil Mew (I know - sounds like a rapper), and The Mew.

"Perhaps she would become one of those women, pitied or envied, who chose not to have children" - Atonement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Katje (in the avatar pix) is a compilation of little cat, and it sounds Dutch, too.

K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
He passed away last year, but we had a cat named Bumper. We named him that because ever since he was a little kitty he liked to bump his nose and face into things. It got him into trouble one morning when I was curling my hair. He had his eye on the curling iron and decided to bump it with his nose. Poor baby! But he lived up to his name well.

Karin Norgard
I had a cat named Lucy because ( I Love Lucy) ;o)

Rosie L
S
S
My cats name was Tickles (he passed away a few years ago at 19 years of age). I was just a little girl when my daddy brought him home to me. I was sitting on the couch with my dad, trying to think of a name for him, when my new kitten came and licked my toes. My dad asked me if it tickled- it did smile

Elephant
Elephant
we just got a new kitten (yea I said I wouldn't after our other kitten had a stroke). We named her Gracie Elle (as in L not Ellee)

It just fit her. It came to me on the way home and I looked at her and said shuch Gracie and she turned and meowed and quieted down.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Our male cat is named Merlin because he thinks he's a wizard.:)

Our newest kitty we brought home last week is named Cally after a character in an older British Sci-Fi show called Blake's 7....because we're sci-fi nuts of course.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
R
R
ONE WAS CALLED RAINBOW AND HER BROTHER WAS HARVEY. HARVEY WAS ALL WHITE AND WAS DEAF BUT HE COULD READ LIPS. THEN THERE WAS ET. ET LIVED TO BE ABOUT 16. NOW I HAVE ZENA AND MISTY. ZENA GOT OUT ONE TIME AND THAT IS WHERE MISTY HER DAUGHTER CAME FROM. ZENA IS ALL WHITE EXCEPT ONE BLUE EYE AND ONE GREEN. MISTY IS ALL GRAY.

THE ROSE
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My cat is called Tin, short for "KIT- tin". I actually named her Baby because she has blue eyes and has always been petite, but she answers only to Tin!

E
E
Mine is named "Cat". Inspired by the movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Gecko
Gecko
We have 4
Goldie - haven't got a clue, husband rescued her off of a job site and when my then 5 year old saw her he said Goldie and thats that.
Zeus - he was so tiny when we got him, he is pure black and just looks like a Zeus.
Beowulf - my son loves the story and name his cat after it.
Grendle - again my son named it after the story.

P
P
My 6 year old cats name is Casey, because I liked the name
My 5 year old is Chaser, because when I was picking him out from the others, he was always chasing something.

my cat's name is Romeo. but he has lots of nicknames (Rome,Stinkybutt,Mr Poops Alot, Mamas boy and Devils Spawn) Believe it or not he pretty much answers to all of them. When we got him 3 yrs ago from a shelter the bf picked the name. Told him seeing on how he was allowing me to have a cat and paying for it he could name it.

Amoeba
Amoeba
Our is 'Mano' and I think it's near to the mewing. I think cats and other animals/birds like the voice more then their meanings. smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Mine is Miss Kitty. She came from a rescue called Miss KITTY'S cathouse here in Prescott, Arizona.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Gecko
Gecko
We have 5:
Goldie - because of her color
Beowolf - son loves that story
Zeus - pure black
Mr. Whoopsiedoodle - seems like no matter where he walks something falls down.
Stella - yes we want to yell for her just like in the movie street car called desire.

L
Shark
Shark
L
got a new 'step-cat' (yard cats that make the neighborhood rounds , we catch them and vet them--shots/neuter, give them shelter in the little shed-barn, feed them--they keep the rodents out of the yard and house.) He is a big boy--a gellico(tuxedo)and he told me his name is Prince Caspian. I call him Caz. He has a twin that shows up every once in a while and I cannot tell them apart. So I call one Caz Cinco and the other Caz Seis--because I have 4 other ('inside') cats.

Ravyn

LadyLvsNyt
Gecko
Gecko
Our one and only cat...

...is named Nekko.

Yes. I know. It's Japanese for "cat."

It was my brother-in-law's cat, but he moved into a place that doesn't allow pets, so...we got him. It's probably best I didn't name him. I'd have picked something like "Mungojerry" or "Anubis."

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Tiffany
She was left at my house by step-son and his girlfriend.They named her. I kept trying to send her home with them but to no avail. I don't like the name but have never been able to call her anything else. So now, 18 years later, she is part of the family and still Tiffany.

Whispurr

That was on her name tag when my grandson adopted her. The name is very appropriate for her because she is soft and quiet.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
B
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
B

Pepper- My 24 year old grey tabby
Velcro- 18 year old blue and white (he's afraid of falling,
bless his heart!)
Vincent- black (named after Vincent from the game "Dirge of
Cerberus"
Wampas- Vincent's twin brother ( named from a southern
folklore about a wild cat that lives in the mountains)
Tokki- grey and white male ( Korean word for a mythical
trickster rabbit)
Sam- Tokki's son. Has kept his kitty like qualities and is
just so darn cute!

Bylen

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Cleo - short for Cleopatra. She had that whole "I'm Queen" aura about her. Oh - and my mother refused Bast because (as she said) the cat already had a big enough opinion of herself, without naming her after a goddess.

Her nickname was kittenet, or angel-kitty. I miss her every day in the 7 years since she died, and my brother's cat (Tigga - because she's tiger striped. Men - no imagination in naming cats!) which I get to borrow when I go visiting does give some compensation.

Megan McConnell
C
Amoeba
Amoeba
C
I have 11 Cats. It was 12 until I lost my 15 year old last Feb - I had her from just a few days old. I had to keep her inside my shirt for warmth and fed her from bottle. Her name was Ruby Tuesday.
The remaining cats are aged 2-8 all of whom I have had since they were babies.
1. Bubba - Male (also called Babooooshka - you have to say it like that)
2. Korea - Male (because he isn't a commie like China)
3. Boodles - Male (he is like a clown and the name seem clownish: "Boodles The Clown")
4. Mama - Female (who birthed all the following cats:)
5. Stinker - Female (because she is a brat)
6. Pretty Boy - Male (he is slim and pretty)
7. Cow Kitty (aka Ugly Betty) - Female (spitting image of Ugly Betty)
8. Baseal - Female (the face of a bat and the fur of a seal)
9. Boots - Male (my favorite - he has boots duh)
10. China - Male (he is the communist cat)
11. Kumquat - Female (she was runt and very little, and it seemed to fit her then, now she is bigger than most of the other cats)

Last edited by CzarinaOz; 12/05/08 04:20 AM.
Y
Amoeba
Amoeba
Y
We have 2 cats.
The male's name is Word. I know.. he was our old roommate's cat and when we all moved he said we could have him. He is our orange boy and he sleeps with me every night, right up against me or on top of me. He talks to me also and I love that.
Our female cat is named Bitchy. You can guess why. I forget what the name is for her kind but she is like a calico WithOut any white. She has big green eyes and is getting nicer as she ages. She is our little fatty (just like me). In the mornings she wakes me up thinking she is getting treats. She paws at my face and meows in my face. If that doesn't work she will walk back and forth over my head until I get up.
We've had them both for about 5 years. These are the only cats I have had in my adult life. I always had a cat (or eight) when growing up, so our little family is complete now.

yota
L
Shark
Shark
L
the multi-colored female cats with black instead of white are called Tortoise-shells or Torties. They can be bitchy, but very smart!

Ravyn

LadyLvsNyt
Y
Amoeba
Amoeba
Y
Oh yea! I knew that smile Thanks!

yota
M
Shark
Shark
M
Right now I have two kitties, named Zen and Tao. Zen is just, well, very zen. She's a very laid-back cat, but very very cuddly. Her sister Tao is a little aloof, unless I'm lying in bed, and then she has to be right on top of me. Tao is also known as "the Brick" because she's one of those cats that just seems way too heavy for her size - like a brick, with a cat wrapped around it!

MaryEllen, Animal Life Editor
Animal Life Website
Animal Life Forum
A
A
my cat is named Bobbie Kat because she was born with no tail so bob tailed. She is soon 9 mo old and so sweet and gentle. I adopted her last July from a rescue group.
Annie08

Shark
Shark
My brother brought home a typical Halloween type black cat with yellow eyes. She looks like a Witch's familiar and he named her Midnite. We used to have a chocolate point Siamese kitty we named Cocoa because that was the color of his fur. He was my favorite. Quite an adventurous kitten who thought nothing of climbing from the floor to my back just using his claws and he thought that was painless for me - LOL.

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
My cat is named Ziggy after Ziggy Stardust of David Bowie fame smile

Kevin Thorburn
Ice Hockey
Our cats are

Mango, a beautiful blue-eyed flame-point Siamese that we adopted from Petsmart who got him from a local shelter who rescued him along with 10 other cats from an apartment.

and

Puzzo, a grey and white cutie who we rescued from the local pound. Puzzo is Italian for "stink" because whatever they were feeding him at the pound...nuff said ;-) He already weighs over 20 pounds :-o

Both males, they are both around 2 now and the very best of buddies.

Amoeba
Amoeba
We had Sahara for years, but she had to be put down due to Cancer. She was 16 years old. Her name was because the first thing we did when we found her was have her fixed. Therefore she was now barren, like the desert... lol. She was a great cat though.

The cat we have now is Hamster - yup, like the critter. A neighborhood boy came to our door with this tiny little kitten and said he had to find it a home. He found it in his dog's mouth and he was afraid his dog was going to eat it. So I took him simply to find it a good home - he wasn't allowed to bring it home with him. Well, I guess I found him a good home - it's been eight years and here he is!

Shark
Shark
i have a cat named "dog." he is a big orange fluffy thing with a mane like a lion. but he fetches and will do things i tell him (like he'll come down off the counter if i tell him "down"). so his name is "dog" since he acts more like a dog than a cat.

i have another cat named smacky. my ex husband named her that because he thought it was funny, but it actually fits her. she smacks her tail constantly and will smack my rottweiler on the head when she's mad (he's afraid of her).

and the third cat is maya con dios. i wanted to name her after a wine, and i thought of the maya vineyard. then i added the con dios because it sounded cute like "vaya con dios" but not quite. she is a little princess.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
My cat (Tom) is named Flower, my sister named him when she was little, and we all thought it was cute. We also reasoned that he is black and white like the little boy skunk in 'Bambi', who's also named Flower. I love him more than anything though, he's asleep next to me now smile
We also had two cats named Oscar and Cleo, that was based on the Cat and The goldfish in 'Pinocchio.'
And Their mother was named Daisy, because they've always been my fave flower, and we used to sing the song 'Daisy, Daisy' to her LOL smile
(we also have a minature terrior named Rizzo, as in Stockard Channing's character from Grease smile )

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
My boyfriend's Siamese cat was named Oscar, we were very sad when he passed away.

Holles - our younger cat Juliet loves to chase twist-ties and will bring them back to us to throw again smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Two of my cats I rescued...Xena and Rocky. I was told if I named them something strong it would help them survive..My third one I got from a rescue place and changed his name from Scotty to Simba. He walks regally through the house.

Granny
Thousands of years ago cats were considered Gods
Cats have never forgotten this.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Ciati
(get it?)
It's pronounced C.A.T
She was my cat many moons ago -- Now I have Miss Kitty.

Sheryl Tilley
I have Felix, he is black and white. Is this what you guys call a tuxedo cat? He is named after another black and white of a friend who sadly died a while back.

Lucy, Because "I LOVE LUCY" smile

Rosie L
T
Shark
Shark
T
Hello All,

I am sure our cats are happy I was led here by Phyllis, the moderator of the Native American Forum. About a year ago, I became mother to my boyfriend's two cats. Their beloved first mother passed away almost two years ago, and my late beloved husband passed away just over a year ago. Our cats are named Puma and Pharoah. They are both wild hybrid cats. Puma is named so, because she has the exact coloring of a puma. Her direct ancestors came from the jungles of Northern India. She's very sweet and affectionate. She's very talkative and loves attention. She also loves to play fetch. The other cat is Pharoah who is a purebred wild hybrid cat as he is third generation. Puma is fourth generation just one from being considered pure bred. Pharoah's direct ancestors came from the Savannahs of Africa. They are both two-years old. Surprisingly, Pharoah has grown taller in the last couple of months. He has both Leopard type spots and stripes. Both cats have raccoon markings on their tails. Pharoah's also very affectionate, and he's now talking a lot more. He loves kisses and gives lots of them. They both sleep with us. We cannot tell you how much we love them.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Theresa..you must have BIG CATS..wow..

Granny
T
Shark
Shark
T
Dear Walking Granny,

You would think so, but they are quite small for their breeds. Puma, the female, is really small for being a wild hybrid. I marvel at her so tiny paws. She likes to eat a lot whereas Pharoah, the boy cat, eats too little as far as I am concerned. He has lots of energy, though. Actually, they both do. Pharoah is getting taller now.

Walk In Balance,
Deer

A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
Thomas 'the tank engine' as you can imagine he has always been on the large size.

Indy - She came with the name when adopted from a co-worker relocating to a place he couldn't keep her. Got the name because the former owner had a fetish for race cars...

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Amyuk...cute name for a big cat..I can surely understand that one..

and Beetlemess...Indy is an adorable name.

Granny
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.