Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lollie - that is awesome news!! You are moving forward which is always wonderful! Hey, moving furniture both cleans your world and loses weight which is a perfect combination!

Yes definitely if you can play with the bike first it can make a huge difference. I really love my bike and am riding it frequently, and I know a big part of why I use it is that it's comfortable to ride.

I still haven't lost any weight, really smile I go between 135 and 140. But I have far more muscle and endurance now, so that's a great thing!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
Thanks Lisa!

I really want to increase my endurance. I have noticed that I can't run far without breathing hard and suffering!!

^*^*^*Lolly^*^*^*^

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a big stick!
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Well we can definitely help with that! The key is to start with little steps but increase them. Back when we began this, I could only bike for 3 minutes! But I kept at it. 3 minutes were better than zero. Now I'm up to 30 minutes! So if you can get out walking, go walking even if it's just for a short while. Go just a tiny bit further every day smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lollie, that is great about the pound. One pound less is awesome. Take your time building up your endurance. The key is to start super slow, like Lisa said. Don't push yourself to discomfort. That is so last century. smile

Just keep it easy and enjoyable and follow your body when it asks for more, or less, as you go. It's about being sustainable for your life and having fun with moving.

My update - my weight chart on my online workout program is funny looking - this last week has been up, down, up, down, up, down, between 124 and 127. Weird to have that much fluctuation daily. So today it's 124 again and my period is over.

So hopefully my body has re-set itself and i can see about maybe losing another pound someday. smile

The other difference has been the yoga, which I have been doing daily. I really like it. I don't know if one is supposed to do it every day or if that is not healthy.

Jilly #404563 04/08/08 10:07 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I think a lot of people do yoga daily as a daily stress-relief activity, so I imagine at our beginning levels it is quite good for you. Maybe if you were doing the really hard "workout" yoga it would fall into the five-on-two-off type of thing, but even then I imagine on the off days you'd do the gentle resting yoga stuff smile

That's great that you're staying in the 124-127 range!! Good for you! And you're getting more limber and healthy too!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Yay, it seems I am back on track and lost a pound! Am now 123. smile

It will be interesting to see if the juggling up and down happneds every month during my cycle. lol

Wednesdays are good days for me, since I do my longest workouts Tuesday nights (during the Biggest Loser show on TV).

That's true, Lisa, about being at a beginner level being cool for daily practice. I really feel different inside since I started doing yoga too. I guess I should post about that over in the yoga forum.

Jilly #404925 04/09/08 06:36 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I actually got up in the morning! Hurrah! But then I didn't exercise smile I've been busy doing system restores all day, having some PC problems. I was actually going to go for a walk with Bob but his bike is ready!! So he took it out for a half hour bike ride. Which is great! Now we're getting to the point where we can go riding together, which is a big milestone smile We both have bikes at home now, both are functional and the weather is getting warmer!

He's going out to darts soon so if I can get this darn PC working properly, smoothly, then I'll go do some of the yoga. Maybe the 70 minute basics.

I also just got a call from my health care guys and they said I get $300/yr reimbursement for yoga classes!! Too cool!! So that is even more incentive to go sign up for some smile

I have to avoid the TV thread right now because we haven't watched our recording yet. We'll watch it when Bob gets back from darts.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Sounds like Bob might be getting back into biking. That's so great. I hope you two do lots of cycling together. smile

Did you watch BL yet?

I am amazed about the health thing! What kind of insurance IS that? Wow. it covers yoga? Please tell me how you arranged that and what kind of health insurance covers something so proactive and amazing.

Jilly #405326 04/10/08 07:11 PM
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
It's Fallon and actually it's the cheapest-of-the-cheap plan. It is literally the cheapest plan we can get in Massachusetts and doesn't even cover prescription. But apparently the plans are all getting worried about obesity and want to proactively help people stay healthy vs getting heavy and racking up huge bills.

So yes it's really cool that they will cover my yoga classes for me smile

Today I only woke up at 2pm despite really trying to get myself on a more normal schedule. It was 70F today here!!! Amazing. We had to take the kitties to the vet, but then afterwards I went out in the yard and did a lot of raking and cleaning. So that was exercise with a bonus. I got the back deck all cleaned up and we even had our burgers out there for dinner!! It was so nice. The peepers were all peeping away and there aren't any bugs yet.

Oh!! I was doing yoga poses in the waiting from the vet!! I amuse myself so much smile I was doing tree pose and the hanging front bend. I'm getting better at tree pose!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Were there other people there? Did you feel weird? Did anyone ask you what you were doing? smile

That's great on the tree pose. I am looking forward to taking pictures of you and deb doing tree pose under the cherry blossoms!

also, it's good to realize that things like spring cleaning, gardening, raking and snow shoveling is all fantastic exercise. Even a good vacumming session is a workout if you do the whole house (Roombas aside, of course).

Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.