Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
Sorry about the peach. Maybe they'll make the garden nice enough that it makes up for it. I've seen some pretty ugly house colors start looking better if everything surrounding it looks good.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
Maybe they'll realize it's too bright and paint another lighter coat over it. Some neighbors did the same thing with the most awful neon yellow. It made our eyes hurt! They ended up painting something over it and toned it down considerably. It looks nice now.

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
Gecko
Gecko
A few years ago, our neighbors painted theirs sort of a lime green with dark green trim. Ugh. But then, as frieda says, their plantings looked really good with the green - vibrant blooms in pinks and yellows (the wife is a landscape arch. so I suspect this was by design). Now we don't even notice how lime-y the house is, we just look forward to all their flowers!

K
Shark
Shark
K
Hi Trisharoni! Glad you are mostly happy w/ the new neighbors; but what a strange paint color! This thread makes me laugh though--can you imagine what the new neighbors would think if they knew there was a thread about them in cyberspace! smile

the only thing i want to parent is my great dane!
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
Hee hee... too true, KinderFrei! Although maybe if they knew, they'd rethink the horrible color. I can't wait to see what they're painting the trim - it's still electric blue from the previous owners. Neon peach with electric blue trim. Wow. I really hope they fix up the yard or something. I can't wait to see what happens next!

I feel like a voyeur or something.

C
Shark
Shark
C
Peach?! I have to say that is a strange color, but maybe it will all look nice when they are finished...like the people with the lime green house someone else mentioned. And it could be worse....my friend lives near someone who painted their house...sit down -- Neon Pink! Yes, bright, glow in the dark, neon pink. IK!

And at least there aren't any little rug rats to put up with smile

Last edited by CF_GAL; 04/10/08 09:31 PM.

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
L
Koala
Koala
L
There is a house in the next town over that is BRIGHT yellow, like a sun yellow, with BRIGHT blue trim. It looks so awful.

A
Shark
Shark
A
I've seen a very high end house painted white with purple trim! Everyone I know that has seen this house remembered the awful purple trim. It was that way for at least 5 years.

Funny, they painted the trim white just before the For Sale sign went up.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I know I'm in the minority here but I've always wanted to be a little bit different so here goes. I live in a part of the country where there are cookie-cutter subdivisions everywhere, but I am originally from an area where there was usually SOME diversity in house colors; although not neon pink or sun yellow. The thing with these subdivisions around here is all the houses are the same 3 colors, if you can all them that: white, cream and light gray, with white trim. It's so boring and unoriginal. It seems to me the owners are scared to be the slightest bit different from everyone else.

I understand the need for conformity when trying to sell, but there is nothing but conformity around here. I'm too much of an old hippy, and an artist, besides, to find all the conformity endearing. They're like lemmings around here. I would love to see ANY color on a house, for a change.

F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
I love colorful houses, I have to admit...but not garish ones. Our house is yellow with orangey-yellow trim. It's not super bright though. We were aiming for a color that would be like when the sun hits the sandy ground all around it, so it would blend in with the environment. We didn't quite achieve that, but it's okay. We've actually had people pull in and ask for our paint colors, so someone besides us likes it. : )

I had a professor in college who let his young son pick the colors for their house, and he picked BLACK. They painted their whole house black. It looked hideous. Plus, the sun did a number on the wood and was probably not very good for the structure. Doh!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.