Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#403975 04/07/08 05:46 PM
"Rosie" Offline OP
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
I didn't know where to post this at, so i'll try here.
My DSL service was down so i called Verizon I got so frustrated A stupid machine was asking me all kinda questions, then it was press 1 for this press 2 for that. forget it if you press the wrong button, then the machine told me all the lines were busy there was a 20 minute wait please don't hang up, now i'm really mad, only to wait the stupid 20 plus minutes to be told i would be transfered to some one else, please hold on. now i'm pacing the floor. i get a women on the line who spoke very thick broken English. i was very polite to her but told her i could not understand her. she said well hold on. i was ready to burst. i hung up. lucky for me i called my grandson and he talked me through it and i got my searver up again. don't you just get so fed up with the hold ons and press this press that
just had to vent im calmed down now ;o)

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
W
Shark
Shark
W
How frustrating, yet so prevalent in our lives now, isn't it. No such thing as customer service. That's similar trying to straighten out credit card or medical insurance issues.

I'm sorry you're having a rough Monday. It can only get better.

WestCoastDenise
West Coast Travel Site & Forum

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Here's a good way of getting past those automated systems faster: call into them from a rotary dial phone. Dialing in your response to the "press 1 for this 2, for that" routine sends dialing sounds that automated systems can't read so they automatically route you to an actual human being. Or don't dial anything - just stay on the line and the system will eventually get around to going to an actual person. Note that the human being you finally get will, most likely, still not be understandable. If you can't understand the person who answers, ask for a supervisor.

Another good reason to have a rotary dial phone: they work just fine when the power goes out.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Gecko
Gecko
You can by pass the prompts in many cases and just enter 0 which should get you to the operator or next living person. The person whom you were speaking to that you couldn't understand may have wanted to get a better speaking person for you (you maybe should have waited) or you can ask to have a tech you clearly understand. I know the feeling ....you hate to seem rude but then these people need to speak well or should not be working there. It is frustrating to have to ask to please repeat as well as the person that has to keep repeating. Why do they hire these people......cheap labor.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Apparently I was reading that many systems now tell if you start swearing and send you right to a live human. They are rewarding poor behavior!!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
B
Koala
Koala
B
For some systems you have to hear their message in English and then in Spanish before getting the tone to leave a message. I found that pressing the pound key bypasses all that and takes you to the tone ASAP.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
there are actual websites out there that list how to get to a human. It's neat to see how different companies have different secret 'get a human' codes.

I will have to try the swearing Lisa. heehee.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
here is one of those sites:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

"Rosie" Offline OP
OP Offline
Jilly, i just found that site yesterday, hope its help full
It has a lot of businesses on the list
I was gonna post it but you beat me to it ;o)

Rosie L
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Wow, that's a really great link! I think I'll be forwarding that one to my everyone in my family.

Lisa Beth Voldeck
Houseplants

Moderated by  Barbara - Women's Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.