Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
CFFB Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
Hi there everyone!

I just wanted to say I am feeling SO MUCH better. Thank you all for bolstering me a couple of weeks ago. I have started to re-connect with my community and the responses are coming back to me in droves. And I took an hour out last week to sit in the park in the sun and start to plot a new healthier routine for myself.

I am still going back and reading through all your feedback and advice.

Definitely, I am back to being happily CF :-)

So, I wondered how all your CF weekends were doing and what you had planned?

Friday night both DH and I stayed late at our respective work drinks, bonding with our colleagues. Then we came home, he made burritos (his latest thing) and we watched The World's Fastest Indian on DVD - a delightful film.

Today we got up early to resume the weekly runs we had been doing a few weeks ago. We drive to a bay on the waterfront and run 10 kms (5 in one direction, 5 back again). Today I just ran 5km total because I haven't been running for a while. It was a lovely still morning and the whole community of all ages was out and about doing things - old men reading newspapers on the park benches, old ladies going for swims with their bathing caps on, children going boating, groups of cyclists speeding past, people at street cafes having breakfast etc. At the end we bought takeout coffees and wandered around a street festival they were having. We bought a cake for us and a cake for my sister and her husband, a beautiful print for our wall, and we had an animated discussion with an opposition party representative at a political stand. Then we came home, DH cooked bacon and eggs (just to cancel out any goodness from the run) and we read the papers leisurely. We then did a housework blast. Then my 23 year old nephew came for dinner (he is back from university) and we had a great time having cocktails (cosmopolitans) and lively conversations, and going onto Google Earth to see where my nephew will be doing his PHD in England.

DH is watching some TV quietly and I am catching up on the forum.

Tomorrow we're going to go off early to the shopping mall so that I can buy some nice yoga pants (so nice that they make me go to yoga just so I can wear them). Then we'll just do catch-up things around the house. Tomorrow night the artistic director of one of our national arts companies (my ex boss and our friend) is coming to dinner. I love feeling part of the artistic fabric of this country - something I can focus on, being CF.

Suddenly now that I am back into life again, I don't feel the need for children at all...

I also spent lots of quality time with Phoebe (my cute as hell cat) today - playing the "garden game" and the "making the bed game" - you can probably guess the basic rules of these.

Nice life :-)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
I'm so happy that you're feeling better, Feebee!

Maybe when we are feeling in a funk, we can follow your example and wait a little bit and get reconnected with friends and the community and feel better also. I think that women in particular, need relationships in their lives to keep them on an even keel. Alone time yes...but also people interactions.

Yesterday afternoon, my car was at the shop to be fixed and passed at the Transport Control Department. I was very happy that it ended up being passed and in their inspection, they missed the BIGGEST dent in the front of my bumper for some reason. I mean, it was RIGHT THERE. Stevie Wonder could see it. So I never had to pay to get that fixed! Then, I met up with a girlfriend after work for a drink and we celebrated (any excuse!) and when she went home, I then met DH and his friends out for a drink as well. It was an early night for me because I had started drinking at 5:30, so then DH drove me home.

Today, I have errands to do all day and preparing for school after the week of holidays coming up. Then on Sunday, I am off to Boston for a week of vacation to see my CF Aunt and DH will be joining us on Wednesday. So we're all looking forward to that. The kitties will be at my friend's kennels.

Yes, Feebee, you are right. This weekend would be quite difficult with kids!

L
Koala
Koala
L
Last night we had pizza with three friends, then walked downtown and got ice cream.

We are about to go for a 2-mile run this morning, then have a big breakfast.

Then we are going to therapy - I don't know what to say, but I don't want this to be another "Lynette has issues and it's all about her" session. That's really the only reason I wanted to go twice. I want her to say that DH has issues! Like watching too much TV and not helping out around the house ... I just don't like feeling like everything is MY fault.

Then we have to go to a dance competition where we have to display several commercials that I put together of their upcoming events. It's going to be a train wreck cause the guy in charge is insisting that it get projected onto a screen, but they can't turn off the lights since it's in a gym (takes forever to turn back on.) So no one will even be able to see it. I think we're going to end up lugging our TV there and setting up in the lobby ...

Tomorrow is Pilates, and tomorrow night my in-laws are taking us to our favorite Irish restaurant for hooking up their computer.

P
Gecko
Gecko
P
Well, I WAS going for a triathlon training ride on the bike paths this morning (I have been doing this over the last couple of weeks, it's very scenic and I really enjoy it). However, I got up 15 minutes ago to three inches of snow, and it's still coming down. Needless to say, the bike ride today will have to be in the gym.

So I'll shower and take the dogs for a walk (they'll enjoy playing in the fluffy stuff), get the food shopping done, and then I have lunch with three girls I used to work with. One of them is pregnant, so guess what the topic du jour will be???

Anyway, after that I'll scoot down to the Outdoor Adventure and Travel Show (Looking forward to that), get that bike ride in, come home and do some housework, relax with some wine.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Nakiska to close their hill for the season with some friends. Weather is supposed to be good , so we can ride, and then sit in the sun and drink and tell tall stories (spring apres-skiing is the best!).

Boring in comparison, I know. I was away in BC snowboarding all last weekend, so guess I'd better stay home this one...

Feebee, so pleased to hear you're all back in balance. Have a great weekend!

Childfree? Join us at www.thechildfreelife.com.
C
CFFB Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
C
Originally Posted By: Pikasam
Boring in comparison, I know.

Hell no. I thought your weekend sounded really interesting!

Parakeet
Parakeet
Watching all Star Wars movies (I through VI) in order, in High Definition, feeling the earth shake (literally) with every explosion and ship that passes above (and below) my feet/TV... smile

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Duane are you watching the Spike channel, its all Star Wars on there my grand son is watching it

Rosie L
K
Shark
Shark
K
Originally Posted By: Duane_Va
Watching all Star Wars movies (I through VI) in order, in High Definition, feeling the earth shake (literally) with every explosion and ship that passes above (and below) my feet/TV... smile

That sounds like a great way to spend the weekend, Duane. But personally I favour watching IV-VI followed by I-III. I'm a bit of a traditionalist... smile

The emperor has no clothes. Choose The Childfree Life!
Parakeet
Parakeet
I know spike has it on, but we recorded all the Star Wars movies in the past few months on our DirecTV HD DVR, so we don't have any commercials on it. I don't do commercials smile smile

Parakeet
Parakeet
Quote:
That sounds like a great way to spend the weekend, Duane. But personally I favour watching IV-VI followed by I-III. I'm a bit of a traditionalist...

We decided to do the chronological order vs the traditional order this time -- just to be a little different smile smile

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.