Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi Sharon,

That is interesting about your husband! I have type O- and have found I do not tolerate poultry or eggs at all. Honestly, beef is the only thing I have been able to find that I can tolerate without a flare-up. And I used to be a vegetarian! I don't like eating beef products, yet my tummy likes nothing else! I am trying to find which veggies are best tolerated, but it is a process. Absolutely no night shades for me, though I seem to tolerate papaya beautifully.

Shay

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
My blood type is O positive and in reading through the other posts and the book "Eat Right for Your Type" there certainly seems to be some truth in the assumption that there are shared traits among people who have the same blood type.

Like many of the other O positive posters here, I don�t tolerate nightshades, vitamin A and I crave meat. Try as I may to bring in more vegetables to my diet, I end up over eating if I don�t start the day with a meal that includes chicken fish or beef.

I don�t tolerate dairy well. If I have a day with excessive calcium intake the next day my joints ache and my fingers swell. The same goes for excessive amounts of carrots which contain lots of vitamin A.

I find that it's better (less painful) for me to pick up my calcium requirements with salmon and broccoli.

I have mild acid reflux, inherited from my grandmother which was half Indian.

Last edited by msbaby; 04/02/08 01:06 PM.
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Sharon - Wealth Editor
My husband is O+ and is cursed with high acid and stomach problems.

When he tests on those acid strips - he always has high acid.

He craves steak, hamburgers etc. I don't eat red meat because I can't digest it well (I'm A+.) So we have turkey, chicken, etc. alot for our meals.

I guess he should be eating more meat?

Sharon,
I wanted to add something for you here. Perhaps your husband needs to balance out his pH by adding more alkaline foods to his diet. Here is a complete list of acid and alkaline foods. Beef is acidic, but that doesn't mean he can't have it. He may just need to included lots of foods from the alkaline side. You may want to consult a holistic nutritionist for a professional analysis: (this would make a great article topic!)

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Shay,

Thanks for your reply, very interesting. Now that I think about it, my mother and most of her family, sister, her mom, my sister, (now I don't know all their bloodtypes, but my mom is an 0), have all had to have their gallbladder removed.

My mom has always been a big meat eater, so I think she avoided alot of reflux problems but she still ended up with gallbladder troubles.

I, however, had went through a vegetarian phase because my husband has inherently high cholesterol, being from an italian family didn't help, LOL. When I got to my second pregancy I had to start eating meat again because I didn't want to put off the cravings like I did in the first. So, I don't know if eating meat has helped.

Right now I'm on the Prilosec generic, when I remember to take it. Since my last pregnancy I always forget...umm, she turns 2 this week...I guess I better start remembering. LOL.

Well thanks, I'll be hanging around here for sure!

Last edited by Violette - Daughters; 04/02/08 11:44 PM.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi Violette,
I'm really glad that you will be hanging around here!

It's actually fortunate that you keep forgetting to take your meds! I'm not a big fan of reflux meds and I'll tell you why. They really only mask the root problem and in the long run make your condition worse. Here is my article on acid reflux meds, if you would like to take a look:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi, Shay. I came over to visit on your forum for a bit. This is so interesting. I'm O negative. I'm a veggie eater, very little meat. I hate milk but love yogurt. Is yogurt as good as milk? I eat yogurt most every day. I've been on generic omeprazole for several years and my dr. is not insistent I stay on meds if I don't need to. I don't eat a lot, so I noticed on the site that that might be part of the problem. I do eat well when I eat... or thought I did, anyway. Maybe too many veggies. I'm a potato junkie! What about salads? Anyway, I'm learning a lot. Thanks for the invite. b.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Shay,

I'm O- and I rarely have any trouble at all with my stomach! My mother had ulcers for most of my life, but I don't know what her type is.

I also read the book Eat Right for Your Type and I found that the correct foods for my type are some of my favorites, but I also love veggies and can eat any of them, even hot peppers.

My husband is type A and he has never ending problems with IBS.
Go figure! I think my Dad was the same type as me and he also had a "cast iron stomach" but died of colon cancer.

So I guess we're the exception that proves the rule, but it's certainly an interesting concept.

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Bettyann - Christian Lit
Hi, Shay. I came over to visit on your forum for a bit. This is so interesting. I'm O negative. I'm a veggie eater, very little meat. I hate milk but love yogurt. Is yogurt as good as milk? I eat yogurt most every day. I've been on generic omeprazole for several years and my dr. is not insistent I stay on meds if I don't need to. I don't eat a lot, so I noticed on the site that that might be part of the problem. I do eat well when I eat... or thought I did, anyway. Maybe too many veggies. I'm a potato junkie! What about salads? Anyway, I'm learning a lot. Thanks for the invite. b.

Hi Bettyann,
I'm glad you dropped by! It is my experience that PPI's like omeparzole are not a great way to cope with acid reflux. I was on Prevacid for many years, and my acid stomach became acid reflux as a result. I am now getting off of the meds with the help of Chinese medicine. I tried to stop taking them on my own and the reflux was horrific. That I know of, medical doctors do not have an effective method of getting you off of the meds. However, you can give it a shot and not take your next dose or two and see what happens. If you have a bad flare-up that you cannot control, you know that you have become dependent and/or are eating the wrong foods for you.

In the mean time, try bringing some organic beef into your diet. I seem to tolerate the organic meat much better than the commercial.

If you can tolerate yogurt, by all means enjoy it! I'm not personally a big fan of dairy, but if you are concerned about calcium yogurt is as good as milk, although greens are also an excellent source.

Veggies are great to eat - eat as many as you can tolerate. Should you decide to go off of the omprozole, it will become more evident to you what will give you a flare-up. Lots of people, including myself cannot tolerate the nightshade family. It was hardest for me to give up potatoes - I love them too! Salads, again you will have to test out what foods settle well with you as you go through the process, though tomatoes are probably a no-no.

If you get the chance, stop by and read any articles that you think might be helpful as well!

Shay

Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: Helen Wharton
Hi Shay,

I'm O- and I rarely have any trouble at all with my stomach! My mother had ulcers for most of my life, but I don't know what her type is.

I also read the book <b>Eat Right for Your Type</b> and I found that the correct foods for my type are some of my favorites, but I also love veggies and can eat any of them, even hot peppers.

My husband is type A and he has never ending problems with IBS.
Go figure! I think my Dad was the same type as me and he also had a "cast iron stomach" but died of colon cancer.

So I guess we're the exception that proves the rule, but it's certainly an interesting concept.

Hi Helen,
Welcome! Wow, I wonder if you may have staved off any stomach problems by instinctively eating the right foods for you?

Your husband may have food intolerances or suppressed stress that are causing his IBS. If you like, have a look at these articles that may be of interest:

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Thanks for the advice, Shay. I guess I'm "odd," because I didn't have symptoms. I never had heartburn in my life, even with my pregnancies. A bad stomach infection hit me-- about 8 years ago, and that's when my dr. discovered that my esophagus was inflamed. He sent me for an EGD at Vanderbilt, and they diagnosed "severe" GERD. I still hadn't had one symptom. Dr. put me on Prilosec, but he didn't intend to keep me on it forever. I stopped taking them a few years ago on my own, and I was fine. Rarely, very rarely, would I get reflux at night, while asleep, and wake up. I propped myself up and it was better. I noticed that take-out hamburgers affected me. Potatoes did not.

I was concerned about the TV commercials saying that you might end up with cancer of the esophagus, so I asked my dr. if I should go back on the meds. He wrote me a scrip for the omeprazole only because I asked him to. He said that the TV ads were not correct. It didn't work like that. I have a Vanderbilt internal medicine dr. and I trust him. I've had him since 1999. He doesn't push drugs unless they're necessary, and he does his research. So I guess I'll come off the omep since he says I don't really need it. He only wrote for it just to ease my worry. I'd rather go the diet way. I will try the organic beef, but like I said I'm not much of a meat eater. Thanks again. I'll hang around to see what comes up I need to know. Good site. b.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.