logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I read that the average American carries 5 credit cards.

What do you think, is that too many, just right or not enough?

Is carrying just cash better than carrying plastic?

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Koala
Koala
B
I have four major and one store, so that is five cards I have. I use my capital one rewards card, which is really a debit card hooked up to my bank, but used as a credit card to get rewards.

About two months ago I received $150 for doing a 1.5 hour online focus group with other capitol one rewards cards members to discuss future cards and incentives.

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
This is an interesting topic - I've read several books about this recently.

A full quarter of all US people have NO credit cards.

Another third do have credit cards but pay off the balance 100% in full every month (I'm in this group)

So only the remaining ones have *any* balance at all. So a group of them - with tons of cards - are the ones who make this "average" seem so high smile

That being said, I probably have 10, but most I never use. Store cards that have zero balance, no yearly fee, that I got at one point for a special deal.

Last edited by Lisa Low Carb Ed; 03/22/08 03:24 AM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
I over did it with the credit cards when I first graduated from college. It was like FREE money. I learned my lesson fast.

I have a couple cards I use for car rentals, etc. and a gasoline card that I pay off the balance each month.

I mostly use my debit card that I get points on purchases or I use cash. I've been using cash more lately.

I've had my credit card/debit card numbers stolen twice in three years. Luckily we discovered it quickly both times and there were no consequences. I now have one card I use just on the internet for purchases or renewals.

Knowing me - too many credit cards, too many temptations.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
I find I use my debit card more than anything - I can get rewards back everytime I use it as a credit card.

Sharon Michaels
�Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.�

Abundance and Wealth Editor and
Self Development Editor

The Abundance and Wealth Site
The Most Recent Abundance and Wealth Featured Article

Sharon's Power To Succeed Blog

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
I have maybe a dozen credit cards. So does my DH who actually bought a house once by putting it on a credit card.
Doesn't really matter how many you have as long as you pay the balance in full every month.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Shark
Shark
I think there are many advantages to having and using credit cards if you pay off the full balance every month as we do. But I think having too many is a nuisance. I used to have credit cards for various stores but decided I was spending too much time doing the paperwork for each. So now I just have two cards and that is sufficient.

Tiger
Tiger
We used to have credit cards for everything. We now only cary one major credit each and I have one for Zellers which accumulates points.

Paying them off asap is the most important thing. These days we try to save up for an item in a special no charge savings account so we can pay off the card as soon as we get home from making a purchase.

It definitealy wasn't always this way. Practice makes perfect. smile

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have all of mine auto pay so there's never any confusion. If I use them, it just pays in full at the end of the month. That way I can use whichever one gets me the most points or cash or whatever.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
B
Shark
Shark
B
The only card I use is my debit card. I learned a long long time ago to stay away from credit cards period. In reality, all they give you is a quick fix when you need it and then you have to pay the amount back plus interest and other fees, so to me, it's crazy and so not worth it.

I also prefer cash too. I'd rather make a purchase and take it home knowing that it's paid for and mine rather than wait for a bill in the mail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Brandi - Abundance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.