logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Wow, that's one bright blog! Unusual colors too! Well done. Your comments appreciated on mine too.

www.londonfunblog.blogspot.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I've now decided to add Internet Marketing to my blogs and sites, rather than just using them to point to my biz sites.

I have learnt from my really supportive affiliate marketing course that blogs ARE little businesses too in their own right, and that income generation possibilities shouldn't be overlooked there.

We're being taught to use article marketing techniques to promote products and affiliates.

As joanj rightly says above though, if you have too many, you cant promote them all!

Last edited by BellaShorts; 10/16/08 05:36 AM.

J
Koala
Koala
J
Thanks for the tip BellaShorts on the course.

In the Niche blogger, she suggests using the program of building blogs to keep finding niches and building up to a dozen of them. Once they are in place, with all the tools you need on them, you can focus on writing articles.

In her program, she suggests writing about 50 articles and then moving on to another blog. If you use keywords and good seo, you don't have to necessarily promote each one, you're depending on the search engines to do that for you.

I have learned tho to focus more closely on certain products to promote and then add some affiliate that i think would fit the topic. One I like is Amazon. They can match products or books to your content and the work is done for you once you put the code on.

Internet marketing is a hugely popular topic and one very well searched for. You might want to try and think of a smaller niche within it to promote as it's harder to compete if a topic is getting thousands of searches a day. But your course is probably teaching you that aspect.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Google Analytics Bounce Rate

I've just been learning about this on my course -I dont think we need to worry too much about those 100 per cent 'bouncers' - they might be just registering the visits of 'spiders!'

However, we should stay well focused on our niches I think, to make sure that what people came looking for is what they find on our pages.

I know you are interested in niche blogging too, so you might like this free affiliate marketing business course I have finished - its called Niche Feast. It's very polished and professional - all about maxing seasonal niches like Thanksgiving, Halloween and Christmas.

You (all) are welcome to help yourself to a free copy

Last edited by BellaShorts; 10/25/08 01:46 PM.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A website hosting which allows you to run both is the one I use - I have added a sub-domain blog to my site through it.

It's quite good as you can have the best of both worlds, both formal and informal - I wrote an article about it on my Helping Newbie Writers To Earn Online website.

Parakeet
Parakeet
google's blogger.com
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I use my blog to pass useful tips and leads to my readers quickly.

I just found some hot new firefox addons to help us do that even more quickly and save more time.

I wrote about how I intend to use it to promote my business here:

Sharing Can Help To Promote Online Writing And Business

Hope it's useful!

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I do have a blog and didn't really start for business reason, but it has grown rapidly. It was merely written for my own journaling reasons. Oh well, you never know! I do link it with our other business Zoegetics. I too am on Wordpress and so far have really enjoyed it.

Sandy

blog = www.mygritsconfessions.com

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I actually prefer the layout of websites to blogs for reading purposes although I do have a business blog too. It does seem useful for promoting my writing business and I do get lots of enquiries,mainly asking for advice about which business website hosting I use! I've also been asked to write articles as well. I use Typepad for the blog side of it.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I have one of my blogs laid out like a website, which a static front page and the other two are laid out like blogs. I find I get more ready traffic to blogs, maybe because of the nearly daily updates.

I also try to seo the blog postings too and over time, my traffic from se's has increased. I look at the keywords that bring people to my blogs and try to make sure I'm providing content for those keywords that will keep them reading.

I've also found that some people like to social aspects of reading blogs, as opposed to websites. However, my health & wellness website far out earns my blogs.

I think maybe more people tend to come to a website and click on an ad than will come to a blog ready to spend money, unless you happen to be selling network marketing products or something.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  JMBusinessOwners 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.