Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#399307 03/27/08 02:25 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Any Smallville fans here? It's one of my guilty pleasures, though I haven't watched it in a few weeks. We haven't had cable, and I can't find it online to watch, so oh well. I will probably catch up on DVD.

I liked at the beginning of the series that Lex and Clark were friends - I wish it could have stayed that way.

And I just don't see Clark falling for Lois? I'll always see him as Lana's guy smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
Shark
Shark
I
i love smallville too! i've been watching it since the beginning and i have to admit that even though lex is supposed to be the villan i just love his char. i think the show is just getting better and better! i wonder though how many more seaons it will be on for.

rai

indigo2 #558887 10/25/09 08:11 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I love Smallville and I don't care who knows - it's awesome. I really have loved the last few series, especially when Kara came into it. I love Chloe as well - she's my fave character and she's not even in the comics LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Originally Posted By: Horror_Movies_Editor
I love Smallville and I don't care who knows - it's awesome. I really have loved the last few series, especially when Kara came into it. I love Chloe as well - she's my fave character and she's not even in the comics LOL.

I love Smallville too but now that I have Direct tv, they don't carry the station that it is on so I am going to have to pick up the dvd's.

Chloe wasn't in the comic books but AquaMan, the Green Arrow, the Flash, etc... were not a part of Clark's childhood either. What do they call this? Poetic license?

Movies and tv shows never really stick to the comic book format. Note he absence of Gwen Stacy in the first Spiderman movie. He was her boyfriend long before he was Mary Jane's.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Don't get me started on the Gwen Stacy thing LOL - that was HER story, I mean that's epic in comic book history and they completley changed it.
I don't mind with smallville because it seems like another entity, especially considering we have the Superman movies. Though I'd rather see Tom Welling in the role, I never thought Christopher Reeve suited the role and Brandon Routhe is just a look-a-like really.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
So, what ever happened to Kara, and when did Lois get so annoying!!

I watched last season, but found myself saying "huh?" so often! Ya, of course I'll watch it when it comes back.

But the whole "almost" having sex thing, so very often, is straight out of a Harlequin novel wink

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Kara just flew off cos "Smallville is your thing Clark" - I was like "noooooooo!" She was such a good character, plus she could actually fly! What's taking him so long? Now we have Zod in it, and he learnt to fly straight away. In the comic books, Clark could fly from a child - so I think it's time he hopped to it.

I like Lois, I never used to like Teri Hatcher as Lois, but I think this girl has got it down - I agree with the no sex thing though. They would've been there, done that by now. Mind you, I still don't think greased back hair and a pair of glasses would fool the top reporter in Metropolis either LOL smile

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Yeah, Lois will never buy the whole glasses thing now! My thought is that Clark will get that ring back, and go back in time to before Jimmy got killed, and re-do some stuff. Of course, that's still not soon enough to pull off the glasses and slicked back hair LOL!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
And I LOVED Kara too!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, I forgot they killed off Jimmy - I really liked him in it too. They got rid of two of my favorite characters - I wish they'd bring them back. How can they kill of Jimmy anyway? I don't get it...
It was on the night before last with the silver Banshee in it - I like the way they're bringing in a lot of the DC characters. I wonder if Batman will ever put in a performance. That would be cool if Clark went to Gotham - though I can't see a teenage Bruce Wayne show myself.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I don't get killing off Jimmy either. That's why I think that Clark will get that ring that allows him to time travel, and he'll make some changes.

The season premiere is on Friday. I'm planning on watching... though I think I'm supposed to take my kids to a movie night at a friend's. It's Avatar. So, guess I'll be watching Smallville on Tivo smile

Last edited by Dreams/Inspiration Editor; 09/22/10 02:28 PM.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
It's just coming to the end of the season over here - you guys are way ahead of us. I thought they should have brought Kara back into it with all the Kryptonions - it makes no sense that she wouldn't be there.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I agree. I miss Kara.

I think this is the last season. Good - they need to wrap it up.

I Tivo'd it... I'll probably watch it this weekend.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
No, I hope it's not the last season - it has it's problems, but it's a lot better than a lot of stuff on TV and I love DC comics. I think they need to get him in the Superman clothes though and drop the Smallville thing - they need to move on and make him Superman now. That's where they need to take it. At least it's not a reality show LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hey Steven! Kara's coming back! YAY! And I have to say, I've been enjoying it more. I won't say anything else, because I think you mentioned that you are a season behind me? Anyway, yes, the blonde super heroine will be returning smile

Last edited by Dreams/Inspiration Editor; 10/08/10 12:31 AM.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yes!!!! I'm really pleased about that Deanna - thanks for the news smile It's funny what little things can cheer you up. It'd be cool if they did the APOCALYPSE storyline and had her go evil and Supes have to fight her.

I'd love to see more of Black Canary too. I know that Chloe has just started appearing in the Jimmy Olsen superman comic - her debut. She's turned into such a popular character, and I really like her - so I'm glad she's going into the mythology now. I just bought the Superman/Batman:apocalypse animated movie which tells about Kara's origin - it's one of my favorite graphic novels, so I can't wait to watch it.

I'm also looking forward to Batman;Arkham Island the videogame. I loved Arkham Asylum - and this one is going to have Catwoman in it as one of the main characters! She's even on the cover - so I'm really excited as she's the whole reason I got into comics and the geek chic world LOL. Well, Batman Returns...

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
That's so cool that Chloe made it into the comics! Finally LOL!

Hmmm... I'm not remembering the Black Canary? This season they are focusing on "some terrible evil," the likes of which has never been seen before on our planet - and it looks like black smoke with a face LOL!

And yes Steven, it's the little things that make our days smile

Geek chic - that's one I hadn't heard before! I LOVE it!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yes darling, we're geek chic now - not nerds - spread the word LOL.

Black Canary is Green Arrow's wife in the comics and cartoons - she's a member of the justice league - she was in a few episodes of Smallville too - she wears a tiny corset suit, leather jacket/blonde hair, high heeled boots and uses a sonic scream - she's a really cool fiesty character.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Ahhh.... yes, I do remember her.

I wonder if she and Green Arrow will connect before the series ends?

Hey - what's the story behind your Avatar? It's cool...

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks Deanna - it's Gwen Stacy from the Spider-man comics, she was his first true love, she was really pure and innocent as a character and then when the Green Goblin found out that Peter Parker was Spider-man, he murdered her - so she's this really beautiful/tragic character that I love. I also love the artwork, I've forgotten the name of the artist, but he paints all his graphic novels as if they're a canvas - he's just superb.

I've been asked a lot about it actually, people tend to like the artwork - which is always nice to see other people like the same things smile and appreciate the art.

It would be good if they did a Green Arrow/Black Canary thing - I don't know why they've got him with Chloe - or why Chloe is in the watchtower (which is what Oracle/Batgirl) does in the comic books. Artistic license I guess. I just hope we get to see Tom Welling in the Superman suit.

They're looking for the new Superman ATM - the same guy who directed Watchmen is directing it. Hopefully they'll pick someone who look more like Tom Welling or Dean Cain rather than Chris Reeve again. I'd love to see Welling in the movie, but I highly doubt they'll do it - though I do think he suits the role brilliantly.

We don't get the last series over here until next year!! The last episode was on this week of this series - so I'm really tempted to watch them online now - as I don't think I can wait a year!!! LOL

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Steven, honestly the show has gotten so complex - I'm loosing track of a lot of stuff.

Tess Mercer is more involved now. I'm wondering if they'll bring in Bat Girl because they've been talking about the Oracle.

I don't want to spoil anything though, so I'll stop here wink

I NEVER knew that about Gwen and Spidey! How sad! I did like her in the movie... I thought she was very sweet.

It's interesting to find out what really happened in the comics, and how they are not always filled with happiness and rainbows.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yeah, that really annoyed me with the first Hollywood Spidey movie - the way MJ was replaced into Gwen's shoes. M.J's meant to be this selfish model who doesn't care about anyone but herself .... untill Gwen died.
I hope they play it right now that they're "re-booting" it and Gwen is developed as a character and then it all goes to hell.

Yeah, it's the saddest story-line for me personally in comic book history - because her father gets murdered by Doc Ock first, and his dying wish to Peter is that he'll protect Gwen. The comic books went through quite a dark phase in the seventies for Spidey - but everyone remembers them because of it. THe one thing I can't believe is how Aunt May is still going - she's had about 5 heart attacks and must be about 200 LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I think they'll keep Chloe as "Oracle" - I can't believe Tess is still in it - last I saw she had half her face burnt off LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Well this is my favorite show..And i like to watch it on every sunday.

Lucyhale #660779 02/04/11 11:33 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
It's one of my faves too Lucy! I'm excited to see the new episode tonight!

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
YAY!!!

@ @ @ @ @ @ S P O I L E R A L E R T @ @ @ @ @ @

Chloe is BACK!!! What a trip the show was - all Matrixy and all!!

Anyone else see it?

Deanna Joseph

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Helen - SciFi TV 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.