logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
I have to admit that I am nervous about posting in this Forum because the last thing I want to do is to offend anyone.
However, I do believe that the idea of "how do I accept/fit into Christianity?" is changing the world over as we try to feel comfortable with what fits into our faith without being caught up in dogmatism. Personally, I have found a better understanding of Christianity in Christian Gnosticism, though for many it is still deemed "heretical".
For this reason, I am cautious about posting information about my newly published novel entitled Pilgrimage to Heresy, which looks at alternative reasons for walking the Camino de Santiago and even a possible alternative "saint" at the end of it: that is to say, reasons outside of the generally accepted Catholic idea of going on pilgrimage. Most of the pilgrims I met when I walked from the Pyrenees in 1999 were deeply spiritual people who somehow had rejected Christianity when they were younger and now wanted to find their way back, but without accepting those aspects of it which had been the cause of their drifting away.
Perhaps what I mean by this is that they (and I) wanted to understand Christianity less from the perspective of Faith and more from that of true understanding of what initially made no sense to them simply because they were told that they had to believe in it. To many Christians this will seem strange: why not just have Faith? But to others, and I hope to reach those, it might mean coming back into Christianity "by the back door" so to speak, even if it means going outside of standard texts and practices.
I realise the book won't be to everyone's taste, so if I offend your beliefs, please forgive me, it is not my intention.
If you would like to learn more, please do check outBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Hi, Tracy. First off, congratulations on your book. As a writer, I appreciate the effort and blood, sweat, and tears that go into a project such as yours. Secondly, I'm an ex-Catholic, and I've learned not to be hurt by things that happen in the Catholic Church.

I'm interested in reading your book. I consider myself a deeply devoted Christian, and that's pretty much all that I write, but because of my tried and true deep faith, I'm not afraid to read widely in many genres.

I came to Christianity, after I left the Catholic Church, by faith alone. God reached out to me at a time of desperate need, and I relied on him and accepted him. My life didn't change overnight, and I can't pinpoint a certain minute in time that everything got better. It was a process, and I'm so thankful for having had that process. It was the process of walking daily and relying on God that strengthened my faith little by little.

I agree that, for some, faith is not a concept they can embrace. My husband is more like that. He grew up Methodist and came to Christ in the church and is a "born-again Christian" just like me. He's big into science and the environment, so his mind works a lot different than mine. In his head, he's proven that God is real and Jesus is his son, and all the rest of the gospel.

So, again, congrats on your book, and I will see about getting hold of it soon. I have to admit, though, I'm such an avid reader that if the book doesn't grab me in the first several pages, it's history. I've got a limited time on this earth and too many books to still read. This is especially true with fiction. I hope you have success. Glad to know you!

Moderated by  Lyn-Christian Lit 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.