logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#397016 03/22/08 09:45 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
When I read Am Z's post about her "Vampire Ex" I had to laugh a bit, but not in a really funny way. My boyfriend has a "Vampire ex" and it can be very distracting to his ability to "move on". She's always doing things that cause issues with our lives and it makes it hard.

Two years ago when we first started dating I really let this get to me and so did he. But now, we just stick to the paperwork, like glue, and we put it out of our minds immediately when something happens. After all this time we often even see sad humor in her predicament. Nothing she tries works anymore.

Example: She used to have her daughter call and say "daddy we need money right now!" and he'd put the money in. But it was just a bunch of youknowwhat. So he finally would say "If you need food I'll meet you at the store and buy you some food.." "if you need medicine I'll meet you at the pharmacy" etc... and she finally stopped.

Child support... always each week meant his ex having his daughter call him and say "give us our money!" that is not something a child should be doing. So he mails it now. He is also working on having his checks garnished to further take it out of his hands or hers.

Sometimes you have to find ways around "Vampire" exes with some garlic.

Let me know what kinds of "garlic" you use to keep your "Vampire Exes" at bay?

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
E-mail. A wonderful medium. We can not communicate. It always deteriorates. My "X" is very much still in the ANGRY stage... I'm just annoyed. Speaking face to face at drop off or pick up is a "NO NO"... I can't control the situation and guarantee the girls will not see him sneer, snipe, drop "F" bombs or any other clever names. Phone conversations are the same way. He's like Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. So I've had to resort to EMAIL.

If he drops bombs in an e-mail. I can just shut my computer off. Ignore it. It's less intimidating that way. And... there are copies for future reference if needed. And.. if you do happen to let loose in an email... remember to put it in DRAFT mode.. then walk away from the computer for a while to cool off. Go back to the DRAFT folder after a cooling off period. And answer the email as cooly and in a business like tone as possible.

I keep all my emails professional and impersonal. If I'm asking him a question and he add's barbs and poison pen to it. I ignore those parts. As if they are not there.

My BF. ohhh that's a doozy. I've started dating again. And my BF is a part of my life and my childrens. We're a package deal here. We both feel it would be a diservice and disrespectful to both of our children (his/mine) if we only dated or saw each other when the kids weren't around. So we've started incorporating the kids into our lives. THIS IS NOT sitting well on the "X"... especially since BF is an outstanding role model. We've told the kids he's just "Bill" not "dad"... he's someome's daddy yes.. they have a daddy... and BILL is just "BILL". My girls have said "but he has Daddy type qualities" That is..Daddy qualities...not their dad qualities. This has been a tough one for us to deal with... but we're maintaining the status quo and giving their dad an opportunity for redemption hopefully soon...their dad though see's BF as a threat. There is NOTHING we can do to reassure him, short of my NOT dating. And that, is not going to happen. So we do the BEST we can. Nothing is written down on 3X5 cards.

As far as Garlic? I don't re-act. I don't give him the reactions that he's expecting. I don't cry in front of him, I don't yell, I don't argue. I'm a stone cold fortress. Stepford wife smile and pretend all is well in my world. I'm hoping he'll give up eventually and move on. It's behind the scenes that I fall appart. His barbs still hurt, it's a long and daunting process of reprograming myself. AND THAT.... is the ticket to remember.

If you've spent upteen years with someone. You've been conditioned like PAVLOV'S dog. He pushes a butten... You react. Who knows you better than the person whose seen you naked both physically and figuritively than your spouse? They know how you live and breathe. If you've been in a physical/emotional/mentally abusive relationship...you have been conditioned to walk on egg shells. YEEEHAAAH and kuddo's if you've finally found the fortitude to finally wake up and smell the coffee and get the heck out of dodge. BUT... the divorce.. its just on PAPER. Just like the marriage licence, if you really think about it.. It's just a piece of paper. Marriage and Divorce is all upstairs in your head. And if you think of your brain with its many nerve endings, highways and by-ways and connections... Hubby? He's touched on every one of them and even helped build some of those Neuro connections. It takes TIME... a lot of TIME and effort to reprogram. Consciously. So the best way to do that while you still have to have contact with your "Vampire"... is to not react. Stone fortress.

And saying the MARINE mantra in your head over and over again...

IMPROVISE - ADDAPT - OVERCOME.

other than that... taking up sewing and making a voodoo doll of your "X" really helps take the edge off. smile

Last edited by Am Z; 03/25/08 05:29 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.