logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Koala
Koala
yep! and what a load of [censored] that is! although I think that is why most of the old rules come into play man has to work harder to pay for all the kids, mom has to work hard at home to keep things clean and kids happy and healthy so daddy can come home to relax and not [censored] and complain because the kids are in his face or the house is a mess and all that. so they dont have time to worry about there marrage problems because kids take up her time and work takes up his and no one has time to think about anything else much less grip because he forgot to say I love you or put the toliet set down or she wants a new dress or more couple time. more couple times equals another kid so no the woman dont want anymore couple time! and there is no money so there is no new anything for anyone....

the problem is no days there is goverment money to help pay for the kids and no one has to work and then there is kids go to babysetters and school and anywhere else so they dont have to be the mom and dads problem so there is money and lots of time to have marrage problems! with or with out kids, the problems dont get pushed to the back burner like they use to!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
About your husband's comments:

I do think that to be a successful parent, one must have maturity.

I don�t think that having children is the only way to leave a legacy.

I�m not certain that the Hebrew saying about having a son was meant to be taken literally. It could have been quoted as a poetic way of saying that being �ready� to have children is an indication of adult seriousness and maturity. But I can't be sure.

I suspect the Hebrew saying was meant to apply to people who want to have children for mature reasons and not shallow reasons such as to get a Welfare check.

I suspect that your husband wants to have children.

I see no evidence that your husband expects you to have children against your will.

Knowing nothing of your lifestyle, I can�t tell if you really are living as adolescents but I think it is possible to be mature even though you are childless.

Koala
Koala
yeah! Thanks for saying what I was trying to say better then I said it Diana!

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
Having a son makes you a man? What happens if you have lots of girls? A man can have lots of ways to develop his manliness. Having a child because someone else expects/wants you to when you don't, that is not the right reason.

It warrants deeper discussion -- does he really feel he won't be mature without a son? A daughter?

If he wants to help form a man from a boy, has he considered being a Big Brother? Or other ways to influence the world?

>Its kind of funny though, I have always been told that when I get married I would want to cook and clean and keep house and blah blah blah so when I got married I thought I would magicaly morph into betty crocker Suezy homemaker and martha stewart...that was 2 years ago and I am still waiting!!!

I've been married almost 27 years (how'd that happen, when I'm still only in my 20's, I'm sure!) and I have yet to desire cleaning. (Okay, once in a great while, I will get in declutter mode...) I once read something that said, "A clean house is a sign of a wasted life." The converse might not be true, but why take a chance....

>and go to pta meetings

Yet another great thing about homeschooling -- either no pta meetings, or if I'm talking to myself, I can claim I'm having a parent-teacher conference....

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Originally Posted By: freespirit

Its kind of funny though, I have always been told that when I get married I would want to cook and clean and keep house and blah blah blah so when I got married I thought I would magicaly morph into betty crocker Suezy homemaker and martha stewart...that was 2 years ago and I am still waiting!!!

ROTFLOL! I was told the same thing! And here it is 45 years after I married for the first time and I still haven't morphed into Suzie, Betty, or Martha. So don't hold your breath waiting for the "Happy Homemaker" fairy to drift by and wave her magic wand smile

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Llyn #397950 03/25/08 12:18 AM
Koala
Koala
Yet another great thing about homeschooling -- either no pta meetings, or if I'm talking to myself, I can claim I'm having a parent-teacher conference....

oh and there is my number one reason why I need to have kids and homeschool them! that Is why I have an invisible son and an imaginary daughter that I homeschool! oH and my two dogs as well!!! so there goes my #1 reason to have kids! lmao!

It is weird when your years married out number your years of life here on earth but yeah there is nothing wrong with having a true soulmate that you have been married to through many life times! it is sad that you died so young in the first few life times but heres to a long young life time this time around!

CHEERS!

the more I think about it... Martha went to prison, Betty burned the nut house down and suzy didnt she muder her husband when she found him in bed with Mrs. Smith? I know that Mrs Smiths pies just haven't been the same lately!!!

hahahahahaha

M
Gecko
Gecko
M
>oh and there is my number one reason why I need to have kids and homeschool them!

Never said that -- just if a person HAS a kid...

Hmm... what am I going to do next year? DS is going to college f/t, and I won't have those p/t conferences with myself anymore!
Do you need a teacher for your invisible and imaginary children?
(Sorry, can't take the dogs -- I'm allergic to 'em.)

Ms A #398279 03/25/08 04:29 PM
F
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
F
ha ha! I have conferences with myself all the time. No parents/kids/teachers necessary! You'll do fine!

Ms A #398290 03/25/08 04:39 PM
Koala
Koala
I cant afford to pay with anything other then monoply money because I cant count any of them as dependents or get goverment help to support them but yeah I would love a home school teacher for them! but the dogs stay I think you can get pills for the allergies though and you could count that as a work related expence so..... laugh

Parakeet
Parakeet
How about a feline teacher's assistant? I've got a cat perfect for the job. She can tell time (if there's food involved), she understands a lot of English, and she's mean enough to pretend to be the principal if the imaginary kids act up!

Edited to add: I'm suggesting this because she's not contributing to the household. We keep trying to get her to wash dishes, but she won't do it, just spends her days asleep. So, if she won't do housework, maybe she should get a job! :P

Last edited by myrabeth; 03/25/08 05:51 PM.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.