Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Oh Deena, how awful to have your precious dolls left behind by someone! I am so sorry.

And I can't imagine moving to Missouri from Florida. I moved here from New Jersey, it's been 9 years and NJ will always be home. But at least the climate here is better, the gardening is more fun, and we have more interesting flora and fauna here. I can't imagine anything to recommend MO over FLA.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Thank you Helen! Hard to believe that it still bothers me after so many many years!

I guess there are good and bad things about most places. My dad and stepmom are getting ready to move to Iowa from Florida. They were actually supposed to do that next month, but they've decided to wait because it's too cold! Wonder what they'll do next winter!

Deena Budd
Paranormal
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Does anyone remember Mrs. Beasley? The old TV show "Family Affair" made it popular. I loved her. I wasn't a big Barbie fan. My grandma made a big rag doll that I loved too. I wish I still had those.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Yes, Trish, I remember Mrs. Beasley. I never had one but I always thought she was cute.

My mother made Barbie clothes for my sister and me, but no rag dolls. That was something I made for my daughter, though, and she loved it. Now my granddaughter loves them, too.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
I remember Mrs. Beasley! I never had the doll, but I loved the show! with Buffy and Jody and Sissy!

Deena Budd
Paranormal
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I have a new favorite doll! If anyone has not seen the articles about my "new" doll you can Look Here to read her introductory article. She is such a treasure, I just love her and am having so much fun making a wardrobe for her. As I make new clothes for her I will be adding articles about each new item, so check back often to see her new clothes.

If anyone recognizes her as a doll they had/have please let me know what her name is or who made her. Any info or memories you have about her would be much appreciated. since I bought her at a flea market I have no information about her.

J
J
Deena & Robin, ME TOO...my Dad make me throw away a lot of my dolls when I was around 12, my mother could have KILLED him when she found out. Crissy was missing her boots, "someone" cut them off when she couldn't get them off, I got her when I was 5. I saved my Baby Tender Love because she was wearing my old baby dress that he had bought me as a newborn. I lost her when some of our storage was at an uncle's house during a move, and his wife gave my remaining dolls to their daughter. I had to let my cousin keep the doll because I just could not make her cry. BUT my very favorite doll I still have. A handmade Raggedy Ann that my own sweet Mother made for me. I still pull her out and give her a big hug now and then.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
I no longer have any of my old toys. Drowsy was my favorite doll closely followed by Thumbalina.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Helen Doll Making Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.