Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#396141 03/20/08 08:02 PM
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Turn on "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader" (7 p.m. CST) -- the game contestant is 8 1/2 months pregnant, bouncing her nasty stomach everywhere, rubbing it, playing with it -- and I put this on for dinner??

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Amoeba
Amoeba
J
AHHH! I am watching that too! Did you see the part where they showed her friends in the audience...all pregnant too??!!

Seriously, this is one of my problems....and I know it's weird, but I really get nervous/freaked out when I see a pregnant woman. It is terrible!! How can she be so happy when she is so blown up and waiting to give birth??

I am changing the channel.

Gecko
Gecko
i already changed it -- ewwww.

Elephant
Elephant
wow. Sometimes the people on this forum surprise me. A pregnant woman on tv bothers you that much. Just because we are CF (by choice or not) doesn't mean it still doesn't exsist. Sometimes I think we tend to overreact.

So she's pregnant. So she's on tv and proud of her soon to be child. We should be happy for her that she's pregnant and we are not ;0)

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Well OUCH Jase... I won't apologize for offending; as I've said many times before, I come to what I perceived to be a safe (from getting flamed) forum for several reasons. Sometimes it's to share exciting news with virtual friends, sometimes it's to offer advice to people asking for it, sometimes it's to pose a question.

In that post which "surprised" you, it was more to vent and commiserate. I simply pointed out a woman so pregnant (and with several pregnant friends in tow) they had an EMT standing by, and who was all about feeling her stomach throughout the entire show. I don't know about where you live, Jase, but in my neighborhood, pregnant women don't go around constantly rubbing and groping their big bellies as she was on national television. I found it to be rather freakish, not bothersome.

For the record, I have no problem with pregnant women. But if I did, I'd really like to know I can come here and commiserate with others, regardless if they share the same POV.

"Men and women think that it is necessary to have children. It is not. It is their animal nature and social custom, rather than reason, which makes them believe that this is a necessity." --Democritus
Elephant
Elephant
Angela... sorry if I may have overreacted. I guess I read what you said wrong. I guess I just couldn't see what would be so wrong with her celebrating her pregnant-ness but then I have to remember, we all react to things in different ways.

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
Not a prob. wink

Last edited by Angela P; 03/20/08 10:53 PM.

Gecko
Gecko
Think of it this way: Imagine that it was some OTHER body part she was jiggling around and groping, like say, an elbow. Wouldn't that strike you as kinda freaky?

Elephant
Elephant
my first thought would be that it was a signal to someone at home who was watching that she was thinking of them LOL

Parakeet
Parakeet
My first thought would be "WTF is that woman doing on a game show that close to delivery time? Go home and put your feet up, you moron!"

But that's just me. Also, jiggling and rubbing an enormous pregnant belly in public -let alone on national television- is just tacky and gross. It's THISCLOSE to massaging her breasts with regard to manners. It's rude of her to think other people want to see that and stupid of her to be doing anything that requires having EMTs on hand this far into a pregnancy. If you need to have emergency medics standing guard over you and your unborn child, you probably shouldn't be there. The answer to the question posed by the title of the show is obviously a resounding NO!

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.