Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA Trish, I thought that was the point of Paganism... to put together what worked well for us LOL!

Have you read any books on ceremonial magick that you've really enjoyed? I don't think I have --- I think I bought a couple, and then never got around to reading them LOL. That's my M.O.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Freespirit - I have read that in the bible. There is some pretty interesting stuff in there wink

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Deanna,

I completely understand what you mean about books.:) I tend to do the same thing, but I'm getting more disciplined as I get older (gods that sounds boring doesn't it.:0?)

Lon Milo Duquette makes Aleister Crowley's work accessible. He seems like a very personable guy from his writing. There are also Chic and Tabatha Cicero's books in the Golden Dawn tradition which I may work with later this year after my move. Right now I'm still working on my dedicant program for a druid group, and I don't want to take on too much more. I love the learning though.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OMG, One of my friends was always talking about Lon Milo - I guess he used to give classes as his metaphysical store, and my friend really admired his style in teaching. I didn't realized what he wrote about though. I saw he had a book called the Chicken Caballa (or something like that HA HA) and thought "wow, this guy has a sense of humor" grin

Deanna Joseph

Amoeba
Amoeba
"Trish, actually many of the angels did start out as gods and goddesses. Gabriel was a Babylonian goddess, Raphael was in a pantheon on the Mediteranian (where his father was the god El),and Michael is Chaldean in origin too!"

Bella Deanna,
So Raphael was originally a canaanite god? That is most interesting.

I follow an eclectic path, and in so doing, feel called to deities of different pantheons. Norse, Celtic, Greco-Roman, Sumero-Akkadian, and Slavic. My matron is Tiamat, but lately have been feeling pulled towards Baba Jaga.

I don't know if on the ceremonial magic subject, the problem is me or the authors whose books I've read. I tried reading Modern Magick by Donald Kraig, and have a hard time working through it. Same thing with Franz Bardon. I found The Black Arts much more palatable - Richard Cavendish approaches ceremonial magic from more of an historical angle. I am still reading Levi's Transcendental Magicwhich i suspect with where I'm at in the book is more philosophical.

Last edited by tiamat4; 04/14/08 04:14 PM.
E
Koala
Koala
E
Originally Posted By: TrishPaganEd

Many people don't bother with patrons or pantheons at all but still consider themselves Pagans. It's really up to the individual. Some people call it spirit, the Christ consciousness, God, Goddess, the All, etc.

That's me smile

I tap into the energy of the All and look for the magic in the mundane (growing food, housework). But I choose to not work with any deities or acknowledge individual spiritual elements - making me agnostic by choice. It's just where I am at the moment.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
Trish-D Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Originally Posted By: tiamat4

I follow an eclectic path, and in so doing, feel called to deities of different pantheons. Norse, Celtic, Greco-Roman, Sumero-Akkadian, and Slavic. My matron is Tiamat, but lately have been feeling pulled towards Baba Jaga.

I don't know if on the ceremonial magic subject, the problem is me or the authors whose books I've read. I tried reading Modern Magick by Donald Kraig, and have a hard time working through it. Same thing with Franz Bardon. I found The Black Arts much more palatable - Richard Cavendish approaches ceremonial magic from more of an historical angle. I am still reading Levi's Transcendental Magicwhich i suspect with where I'm at in the book is more philosophical.

The Richard Cavendish book sounds fascinating. I love learning about how magick has evolved and the history of personalities involved in it.

I admit I had a hard time getting through Kraig's work too. It isn't difficult, but I tend to waffle and not commit to the work.

A matron that has been with me for years is Hekate. Like Tiamat, she can be dark. Have you ever found yourself thinking "Why has she picked me?" I know that isn't gracious of me, but I don't personally believe that the gods will always make our lives easier and sometimes we need to be challenged.

Trish Deneen
PatriciaJoy.com
Amoeba
Amoeba
Its funny. Earlier I was thinking about how we get here, when I posted a reply to the thread on magical names. And the thought essentially was that whatever I am seeking to discover, she makes me work for it. They will push us beyond what we think are our limitations, but its never anything that we can't handle.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.