Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#393960 03/17/08 12:43 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Many times if we give someone a gift, it's a trinket or object that they really don't use or appreciate. Since our money is precious, that's a real shame!!

Instead, what are some gifts where 100% of the value is used and the people really appreciate them?

Here are some I got while reading a book recently on green living.

* Gift certificate to their favorite restaurant. They're going to go there anyway, and will really appreciate the discount on their meal. No clutter, no mess, a special night out.

* Gift certificate to their local spa. They can get a massage! Talk about the gift of stress release and a healthier body. Plus again no clutter, no waste, just a happy person!

What are some other ideas?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
In my family we decided several years ago to give consumables made locally if possible. Several of my DDs like Amish cheeses that we can get here but are not available where they live, and all of my kids love my homemade maple syrup (that is boiling up in my garage at this moment!) In turn they ply me with a bottle of good wine. We also enjoy giving and receiving handmade soaps, sugarfree candy made by a certain local chocolatier and gift certificates to plant nurseries that specialize in native plants and/or daylilies.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Consumable and monetary gifts are definitely great choices. I also like giving the gift of my time. Before my best gal pal moved across the country, we'd celebrate our birthdays by treating each other to lunch and spending an afternoon doing whatever the birthday girl wanted. Some years that meant helping with some thorough housecleaning, and some years that meant playing board games all day. Whatever the birthday girl wanted to do, the other willingly went along. There were occasional small gifts, but only things we knew for certain would be used and appreciated.

She recently celebrated her first birthday since moving. We had a "phone/internet birthday party." We set aside a few hours, each bought our favorite snack foods, and spent an afternoon talking on the phone, munching on chips, and playing games together online. Not as fun as hanging out with her in person, but it was a decent substitute.

Happily Living The Childfree Life!
Zebra
Zebra
Myrabeth, that sounds like such a lovely tradition -- and a great friendship!

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
That's a great idea, claybird!!

I really like the birthday girl idea!

Low Carb Forum
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Giving people, especially college students, a gift of minutes on their phone.....

Giving people (meaning it and doing it) 4 hours child free. Babysit their kids and give people a few hours off.

Giving a gift certificate to someone for one of their favorite home party plan products. Sometimes people want something and just cannot afford it.

When someone will be away for a few hours - mow their lawn for them. What a treat when they return!!

Give an elderly person a gift of time. When you have to go get groceries - invite them along.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Movie theater tickets smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
Zebra
Zebra
C
For the person who has everything-
Make a charitable donation in their name.

Last edited by chloe21; 03/26/08 12:49 PM.

FavoriteTraditions.com
Life's Special Moments
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I like the charitable donation idea! Get them a llama smile

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I recently received an amazon gift certificate. I used it to buy mp3 songs... so, no non-consumables smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.