Next Thread
Print Thread
#393581 03/16/08 12:27 AM
B
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
B
I graduated in 1978 and have received emails from both high schools I attended saying they are planning the 30th reunion.

I was pregnant in high school and moved out to the country with grandparents mid senior year. This was in NJ and I moved out to CA in 1985. Not about to take two autistic kids on their first plane ride to see any of these people. But I am curious and hate to have to pay fees to reunion.com and classmates.com to chat with these people.

I did post my photo and bio, but only paying members will see them and I have had visitors but have to pay to see who they are.

Has anyone gone to a reunion in this age bracket? If I still lived in NJ I would consider going.

I was not sure if I should post this under education, current events or here?

Bonnie Sayers - Autism Editor

AUTISM site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Bonnie -- I went to my 30 year reunion recently. My situation was different since it was only a 40-minute drive. I imagine you want to know if it was worth going? I definitely wouldn't have gone if I had to fly there unless I was flying to that area for some other reason as well. But since it was close, I'm glad I went. I spoke with some people I hadn't seen in years and it was very interesting as well as enjoyable. It's just interesting to see what people have ended up doing in their lives and to see how different (or the same) they look. Some people (most, actually) looked and acted exactly the same as I remember them. This can be good or bad! But in general, it was fun talking about old times and getting filled on on what had happened since then. It's nice that everyone attending was about the same age and that automatically gave us much in commmon. The event was held at the school and it was nice to be able to look at the classrooms and remember the past and also to see what changed. It's also fun to hear how these people perceived you then and now; people seemed eager to give impressions like that.

Do you have to belong to reunion.com to chat with these people? Some alumni organizations will help you get in touch with old classmates. In my case, I was able to get the phone numbers of a few old friends to see if they were going to attend the reunion. Maybe it is worth inquiring about.

J
Koala
Koala
J
I went to my 30 year reunion. It was interesting, I guess, but not traumatic. It's amazing how everyone's memory gets hazy about high school, when you're far enough past it. You'd think we'd all been best friends back then-lol.

I drove 7 hours to my 30 year reunion a few years ago. By the time people get to be our age, they have left all that high school junk far behind. Everyone is settled in their lives and it is just a lot of fun to see what everyone is up to now.

Married for 30 years with two children and a cockapoo. My husband and I own a large-scale commercial composting facility. I am currently writing a book on how to research the history of a home.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:59 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.