logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#388308 03/06/08 03:08 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Anyone can make their own greeting cards. It's so easy, and a very personal way to to say thank you or happy birthday. Learn how here:
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi Carol!

Thank you so much for writing this article!

I tried making cards in the past, and while I had fun in the process, I failed miserably! Your step by step instructions is what I should have had last time. Ops!

Next time I try, I'll be armed with your article.

Thanks again! smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Carol - your avatar is lovely - we will go the art shop on Saturday!

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Okay - that was cool - so easy...the next birthday coming up is for a friend of mine. She likes wine, traveling, etc....so I will get some stamps like that.....I know I can always use them later, too.......

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I would love to hear about how your cards come out! Please keep me posted and let me know if I can give you any ideas to help.

Brandii, I hope you give it another try. I had stamped when I was about 20 years old, and then tried it again a few years later without success. It turns out my ink had dried up. The rubber stamps will last, but the ink can age. You can either reink your pad or purchase a new one at a minimal cost.

Robin, when you are making your card for your friend, remember that you can use the computer to personalize it also. You can pick out a nice font and glue it on under or around the rubber stamped area. Or maybe type in words to describe her personality and scatter them on the card. (Adventurous!, humorous!, brilliant!, etc.)

Siobhain, did you go to the art store? I would love to hear what you got! I wish I could go with you and see the differences from what we have here. The online stores from England do carry different items-- it's all so tempting!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Hi Carol - we are rediscovering the alphabet letter stamps! PS We also got some mediaeval text wooden scroll stamps. We are doing some BothSchooling topics on the invention of the printing press! Strange the places Homeschooling/BothSchooling takes you! We are learning so much about early newspapers too.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Siobhain, You make home schooling sound like fun! I've worked on newspapers, so you are learning subjects near and dear to my heart.
It's a great idea to relate the letter stamps to the printing press and newspapers.

I used to tell my kids that I am so old that when I had to cut and paste I had to get a scissors and glue. They really didn't get it at first. They couldn't imagine living without a computer!

Good luck with your lessons.

R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Originally Posted By: stamping carol

I used to tell my kids that I am so old that when I had to cut and paste I had to get a scissors and glue.

That is how I used to cut and paste, too - way back in the 60's!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.