Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I adore mountain biking, and I thought my boyfriend did too. We did a ton of mountain biking when we first met and we both own one of each bike (he also owns a hybrid or two).

However I was just asking him tonight if we could get the bikes prepped for biking this year - something we haven't done in a year or two - and he said he'd rather just road bike!! I hate road biking, with the cars whizzing by and the grates and such. I would MUCH rather be on a woody trail with no cars at all, surrounded by forest and nature. It is a bit of a shock to me.

Which way do you tend? Towards the trail or towards the road?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
I'm with you Lisa! A choice of the two, I'd definitely prefer to ride trails and to be surrounded by nature rather than to slug it out on the roads! Especially if you're having to commute in a busy city too. Having said that though it can be so enjoyable to ride along a smooth surface.

I have a nice large park just down the road to where I live that's got some wide tarmac paths that wrap around the copses creating a big circuit around the park. Always fun to do a few laps and it has a few gentle hills too so great for some more vigorous workouts too.

Is there anything like that close to where you live? might make a good solution for you and your boyfriend, especially as you're both just getting back into the swing of things after a couple years break!

Kaye Barnett
Cycling Editor
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
There's a short bike trail nearby - I'll have to see if I can track down longer ones. There's a nice 26 mile one on Cape Cod but that's a few hours away.

We shall see!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.