logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
G
It is the Pinata she's asking about. There will be a new list of what I can find on all the cookies through the years on the Girl Scout site on Monday. Also, the Samoa is still the Samoa in those areas served by Little Brownie Bakers.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I don't think I've ever seen a Pinata! Maybe they were after my time, I graduated out of the scouts in 1986. I still adore Thin Mints smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
There are different cookies in different areas depending on which of the two bakers supply the council. We had the little brownie bakers ones. So we had samoas and lemon chalet cremes and do-si-dos. We didn't have the cinnamon ones, but had some Dulce de Leche cookies that sounded great, but were a major disappointment.

To be honest, I was looking forward to my daughter selling them, but the whole 0g transfat thing soured me a bit this year (I have an article about this on the early childhood site through my signature below). And interestingly, I didn't even think they tasted that good, probably because I don't buy things with those types of ingredients anymore. You can FEEL the hydrogenation on your tongue! :-( Sad, really, becuase I've always loved them. Honestly, I'll take Trader Joe's Peppermint JoJos over a thin mint anyday, and it has way higher quality ingredients. I also just bought 5 boxes for 99cents each when they clearanced them out after the holidays -- and that will last me probably until they introduce them again next November.

(Yes, I know that's sick and wrong. Our thin mints usually last us all year too -- we just eat a few at a time and keep them in the freezer. 3 boxes last until next time).

Nicki :-)

Nicki Heskin, Breastfeeding and Early Childhood Editor
Breastfeeding Site - Breastfeeding Forum
Early Childhood Site - Early Childhood Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Our sales were down too. It could be attributed to the healthier lifestyle people are working toward. We did, however, get more contributions for our troops.

The girl scout cookies i got this year were paper thin. yuck!

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Bumping this up, because Girl Scout cookie time is going on again in a lot of areas. The Girl Scout council my daughter is in (Girl Scouts of Western Washington) is using Little Brownie Bakers this year. The varieties available through Little Brownie Bakers this year are Lemon Chalet Cremes, Trefoils, Do-Si-Dos, Samoas, Dulce De Leche, Thank U Berry Munch, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints.

Lesley Aeschliman
S
S
lemonades and thanks alots ..ooohh I am jealous...we had them until just this year...our council changed bakers...some very unhappy customers! Now we are stuck with some cookies that no one likes....NOT!.....Girls are getting creative and making some tasty new desserts for our bake sale! Go girls!

Gecko
Gecko
Here in Florida - we have the same cookies that Lesley is talking about.

I oredered my boxes and sent one overseas for the troops

Last edited by Robin - Card Games Editor; 01/11/11 09:42 AM.

Robin Rounds Whittemore
Card Games Editor
O
O
Geez-here in Ohio we haven't started to cookie booths yet at all. Our first order form is due Jan 31. I saw on line that some of the councils are making cookies availably immediately without taking orders and having to wait 6 weeks to get your cookies..I wish we would do that in Ohio. We have had people forget they ordered cookies and go to thier house to deliver them to find out they just bought some at a booth! We have a differen't cookie baker here..It's LIttle Brownie Bakers I think..so we have the old names. Samoas, Tag Alongs, etc...but I do miss the lemonades that the other baker had..they were delicious! Good Luck everyone wtih cookie sales!

Mx3 Offline
I am in my third year of leading my troop-two years of Daisies and one year of Brownies. I dislike the whole cookie thing...my older daughter had a fiercely competitive leader who made sure all of the girls cookie stats were published in a newsletter she put out. She also had to make sure her daughter was the top seller each time. It REALLY turned me off to the whole cookie selling venture. (and my daughter did sell over 100 boxe, as both my husband and I were working FT an had captive audiences who loved GS cookies and our daughter) Add that to the cost of the cookies, the litle profit the girls make on each sale, and the unhealthy ingredients (I have two kids with food issues and we only eat natural foods), and the stress of selling them, and the bottom line is that my troop does not particiapte in cookie sales. I did sell them in limited quantities last year, and it was so stressful for me. My Cookie Mom was not the right person for the job. We are a "home" troop-all the girls but one attend the same school. While my co-leader was upseet about not selling cookies, other moms THANKED me for not selling them. If my co-leader wants to be in charge of the sale next year and all that goe with it, she can. Personally, the I cannot buy them or have them in my house. And th recession has hit m family hard, and other famililes in my troop. I write about this and lots of other things on my Girl Scout Leader [url=http://tinyurl.com/4etgqxn]blog[/url] .

Last edited by Mx3; 01/27/11 09:17 AM.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.