logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
How do you and your children enjoy music? My kids went to bed listening to music every night. I found it relaxed them.

Last edited by Sue Early Childhood; 02/29/08 02:45 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
My third son LOVES music. He sits all day long with his play guitar. He is 2. All we can listen to in the car is the CD from the music class we go to. He makes us call him by his teacher's name.

Now, my daughter, who is 16 months also seems to love music. She is just starting to talk but every time we get in the car, she says "Hello" which is the name of the song they begin the music class with.

My older two sons go to bed every night listening to a relaxation CD which ends with peaceful music.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
Elephant
Elephant
I used to only be able to sleep with music playing growing up. I even continued the habit into college and after. Now I use a fan to give me background noise.

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Elephant
Elephant
I find music soothes the soul and allows us to sink into sleep faster as children.

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Elephant
Elephant
I know my nieces and nephews enjoy music and my one niece is a die-hard music fan and love, I mean LOVES to dance.

Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
It's funny, music is my escape, has been all my life. When I was a teen I bought a clock radio not for the alarm part, but so that I could set it to play for an hour and a half and then shut off automatically so I could go to sleep to it. My dad was a fireman and wouldn't let electronics run all night - it's a fire hazzard.

Now, I can't live without music. My kids are the same way.

E
Parakeet
Parakeet
E
They ALL love music, we could not do with out it!

Nicola Jane Soen

Love is wisdom.

T
T
I played music all the time in the house even when the children were sleeping. I believe this helped to prevent light sleepers and develop music lovers. My husband and I play instruments and sing, I made it a point of having different instruments around the home and all of our children love music and sing and play. Attending concerts and plays and critiquing the music helped to develop their sense for quality music; pitch, timing etc. while growing up our children often listened to music and pretended to be the musician playing, then graduated to playing instruments in school, singing in plays, doing sound, recording, and producing other musicians. Music is such an awesome avenue for stress relief, expressing various moods, communicating and worship. Music is has been around from the beginning. Music is a gift.
For Healthy Children
The Singing Nurse,
Dawn
PS Thanks to Bella for her kind review of my childrens CD of health songs.

T
T
I'm fairly new to blogging, forums etc. and just wanted add to the previous entry that I wanted you to know that if you are interested in providing some fun upbeat songs for your preschooler or early elementary child with a health message you can check out my cd and purchase it at my website. www.TheSingingNurse.com or visit www.CDbaby.com to download it.
For Healthy Children
The Singing Nurse
Dawn

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
My daughter seems to love music more than my son. She's not even 2 yet but she signs and dances all the time. She seems to have very good rhythm too!

Moderated by  Nicki - BF & EC Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.