Today i woke up after not sleeping very well (unfortunately, typical---aging is not for wimps!) and had many things to do in several different places. After racing around i ended up at my church where i had a commitment to take care of. By then i was in a general snit and very grumpy. Well, there is a noon AA meeting at my church every weekday so i went. So--those of you who are veteran program people will get this--guess what the topic was: gratitude! Man, did my H.P. do for me what i couldn't do for myself! I don't attend it regularly but i put my hand up any way. The speaker pointed at me and just then a woman from across the room got up and started sharing. I guess several people around me were worried i'd be upset cuz they (3-4) put their hands on me as if to say 'don't worry'. Thing is, i wasn't. I said to one woman, that God knew what He was doing and that the woman who was speaking clearly needed it. Besides, i knoew the speaker would call on me next. Well, that woman sure did need it! She had had an alcohol slip after taking some diet pills and was feeling really bad and embarrassed. I turned around to the woman i had said the above to and just said "see?"

And, ya, i did get called on. I just said that my HP put gratitude in the mind of the speaker (there just aren't any coincidences!!!) and it helped me get my head screwed on right again.

See, i believe that it's my stupid thinking that gets me in trouble...the alcohol comes as a result of my "stinking thinking." Well, i've been sober for over 27 years so i know that the rooms oif AA give me an attitude adjustment and they sure did today.

I shared a little story i used to hear when i was new and i still like it: God never promised that AA would open up the doors of heaven and let us in...He just promises it will open up the gates of hell and let us out! That's me!!! Amen to that!

"Grateful" pat