logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Anyone who has been role playing long enough has probably played in most genres...fantasy, medieval, science fiction, space opera, spy games, horror, etc, etc.

What's your favorite genre, and why?

I'll go first...most of my role playing over the years has been in fantasy settings, but my favorite is probably space opera. I've always been a fan of that sort of story, and have a lot of fun playing characters in those settings.

A very close second is horror games, primarily Call of Cthulhu. It's a lot of fun to go into a game knowing that your character will probably die or go insane. Takes a lot of the pressure off, so you can just enjoy playing, and be pleasantly surprised if your character survives.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Well i haven't got that much experience in variety but i think that fantasy/horror was my thing. I really enjoy the intruege settings as well- that is why i play l5r. The setting has all these. My players, if they are reading this, can attest in that : we mostly play horror stories with a huge dose of mystery. Ninjas ( the equivalent of alliens, no one thinks they are true but everyone knows they exist ) the horrors of the shadowlands ( with their eternal good vs evil theme which takes the struggle beyond the norm ) as well the extremes that society leads people to are my favorites. OK i will admit i always had a soft spot for the shadowlands stories because they were the ones where pcs could really play out the hero gig in its fullness.

Fool to the Queen of stories * Student of FuFu * Evil l5r GM
Male*Cute*Young Looking*Little Philosopher

"For the Queen of stories"

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I really like basic fantasy, the Lord of the Rings type of environment. I could play that for years smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Gecko
Gecko
I love "Land of Og." It's a caveman RPG. There is a word list and depending on what you roll, you can know 1 or up to 6 (I think) of those words. Which, is only helpful if the other cavemen know the same words as you... Most of them are words like, "Big," "Smelly," "Ugly," "Ugh!" "Run!" "Ow," etc. The 17th word on the list, however, is "Verisimilitude." Invariably, someone always ends up with that word...

Kryssie Mackey

Jilly:
"[Kryssie] plans to take over the world one banner at a time"

Moderated by  Leif - Role Playing Games 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.