Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Which companies produce your favorite bars? Check all that apply...

Which companies produce your favorite bars?
multiple choice
Votes accepted starting: 03/02/08 12:52 AM
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Just off the top of my head, I think that Scharffenberger is my favorite chocolate maker. A little company called Chuao is also really wonderful.

Deborah Markus
Chocolate Editor
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Milton Hershey gave back so much to his community. I took the tour at Hershey Park and was amazed!!

Anyway, I am now a devoted follower of everything Hershey, and while I like other things, too, if Hershey makes it - I will eat it first!

M o e Offline OP
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
There use to be a Hershey factory we loved to visit in Smith Falls. You could buy discounted bars, take a tour of the factory to see how stuff was made. I think I'm more of a Hershey girl too; although I was mad at them for a while when they pulled out of Smith Falls after decades of providing employment and tourist revenue.

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Did you read the Hershey biography? Interesting guy. It still amazes me to think that he started work on the factory for production of his mass-produced milk chocolate bars *before* he'd figured out a recipe for making mass-produced milk chocolate! He just had complete and total confidence that it would work, and it did.

Hershey's was also the only company that made dark chocolate where I grew up, in the '70s. So it's really thanks to them that I love the dark chocolates I enjoy so much now -- they gave me my first taste of "the good stuff."

Deborah Markus
Chocolate Editor
R
Gecko
Gecko
R
Oh, and by the way, it is true what they say about Hershey, PA....About 1 mile from the factory, if you roll down your car window, you CAN smell the chocolate.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I hate to admit it but I am not a huge Hershey bar fan - don't get me wrong I would never say no to a bar of chocolate but I would not go out of my way to get one.

After a trip to Belgium I have been tainted...though I am still a sucker for dark chocolate M&Ms.

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
I haven't had the chance to experience that -- I have some relatives in PA, so maybe if I visit them they can take me by Hershey -- but I will say that there are a couple of Sees shops near me, and around Valentine's Day, you can smell them before you can see them.

It's so funny about chocolate. I really do love a lot of the "artisan" dark chocolate -- but I also love Sees buttercreams, Cadbury eggs, even chocolate Easter bunnies (which are pretty much the only form of milk chocolate I wholeheartedly enjoy at this point in my life). Most of my friends are either totally "chic" chocolate eaters -- 70% cacao count or higher, preferably created by some little tiny company you've never heard of -- or what I call "suburban chocolate" lovers (in memory of my own suburban chocolate childhood), who think chocolate means a Hershey's milk bar. Nothing wrong with either philosophy -- I just don't know anyone who mixes them like I do.

Maybe it's because I keep experimenting with all the new chocolate that comes out, buying whatever I see at the health food store; but I also have such fond memories of buying Junior Mints and stuff like that when I was a kid that I still enjoy just goofing off with the silly stuff.

Deborah Markus
Chocolate Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Just love Hershey's special dark chocolate
mildly sweet

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Yum - forgot about Junior Mints. Use to buy a box every time I went to the movies. Funny thing is I don't really like mint but the chocolate/mint ratio is perfect in Junior Mints.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.